Thursday, April 3, 2008

not to be out-done

After Les' make-over the other day, I decided it was my turn for a change. So yesterday afternoon I went to get my hair cut short again. I don't have a great before picture -- since I'm usually the one behind the camera -- but this is what I found to use. A pretty decent picture actually...but lately my 'bad hair days' were starting to out-number my 'good hair days.' And that never sits very well with me.

I asked for Sharon Stone's cut, and I think the hair dresser did a great job with the cut (and can I just ask why does it never feel as good to shampoo my own hair as when someone else does it?? I practially fell asleep!). H-o-w-e-v-e-r, since I'm not a good stylist, I know that it will never actually look like this:

But this is what it does look like (today, anyway). I'm no Sharon Stone...but I'm loving the fresh, short cut. And who knows? Maybe I'll eventually figure out how to style it like Sharon (and a bonus would be figuring out how to get rid of my double-chin when I smile...).


I even got a picture of the back. Do you know how hard it is to take a self-portrait of the back of your head? Anyway, now all I need is a new colour...stay tuned!

9 comments:

Marie said...

OOOOHHH, I love the new haircut...it looks great!

Roo said...

nice!
looks great! where do you go?
i am needing some serious snip-ige on my tresses.

Pam said...

Very cute! I love the new look- can't wait to see the new color too. By the way- can I have Sharon Stone's boobs? hee hee hee!

mama said...

Looks pretty cute to me! What does hubby think?

Daphne said...

very nice!!

Sharon Brumfield said...

Cute cut...but how in the world did you get a picture of the back of your head from that angle. Hmmmmmm

Melanie said...

I LOVE the new look! I need to get a new look too.

Jenn said...

Wow you did it!! When you make up your mind...... Looks great!! Are you ready for us to color it this week?

andrea said...

what a fun haircut. are you getting used to styling on your own? many days i wish i'd just chop mine off...looks good on you. perfect for summer too!