Friday, April 11, 2008

random recipes

It's a free-for-all Random Recipe Exchange this week over at Pam's. No theme this time -- just whatever you want. So what did I pick? Something that I'm craving right now (and will possibly make tonight if I just can't shake said craving):

Chocolate-Marshmallow-Squares
1/4 cup margarine
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup chocolate chips
8 oz. marshmallows

Melt first 3 ingredients and pour into 9x9 pan. Wait till you can touch the bottom of the pan without it feeling too warm, then stir in marshmallows. Let cool.

I wish I had a picture to show you...but even if I did, it would not do justice to the deliciousness of this simple dessert. Mmmmmmm!!

10 comments:

Pam said...

Ooooo! I have all the ingredients to make this....maybe after the kids are in bed I can make some too. Tell you what - let's make it and both take a bit around 9 o'clock. Then we can pretend we are hanging out together and shamelessly late night snacking together ;) Thanks for playing along dear!

xoxo

Xandra said...

Mmmmm....that's my kind of dessert. Quick, simple and I have all of the ingredients!

Xandra

common mom said...

OMG - chocolate, marshmallows, and peanut butter all together? Sounds like my kind of dessert!

Melissa said...

I have to try this one:)

Carl & Kathy said...

Great. I did have plans to go to bed, it's 9:45. But now I have to make those bars. NOW! I NEED THEM NOW......

Margo said...

This has been a favorite in our family forever. Adam likes it so much he has even requested it as his birthday cake sometimes.

Have a great weekend!

amy said...

sounds simple and yummy!

Heather said...

It's so easy! At first I was confused because I thought that it needed Rice Krispies, but NOW I understand. Sorry, a little slow on the uptake today! I'll have to put marshmallows on my shopping list!

Rhonda said...

I've made this only my recipe also includes rice krispies.

Sooo yummy!!

Rhonda

Heather said...

Okay, I made these yesterday! Is the chocolate supposed to harden up? Cuz it didn't. It was a gooey mess. Not that that kept us from eating it. Just wondering!