Saturday, May 10, 2008

blogoversary trilogy: part I

Happy Blogoversary to me!
Happy Blogoversary to me!
Happy Blogoversary dear Andrea (that's me)!
Happy Blogoversary to me!

Well, the day has arrived. I have been blogging for one year as of today. I can hardly believe it! I started out with a very small reading audience -- averaging 2 or 3 comments per post -- and not really thinking I would expand my blog roll much further than the people I knew in person who also blogged. Ha! One year later, and my bog roll has bountifully grown (and I even had a hand in inspiring a number of them to start blogging), and my comments now range anywhere from 5 - 20 per post. Not that it's all about the number of comments (I blog for myself just as much as for everybody else), but it just goes to show just how far this year has taken me.

Anyway, in light of my first blogoversary, I had 3 dozen questions from my faithful readers -- thank you all so much for participating! Instead of putting them all in one post though, I decided to split them up into a trilogy so it's not so overwhelming to read it all at once. So if you left me a question and you don't see it here -- don't worry; it's coming! I will try and do the 3 separate posts on each consecutive Saturday. Here is Part I:

If you had an unlimited supply of money what would you do?
Shop, shop, shop! I love shopping. I would buy clothes, shoes, accesories, fun things for the kids, a new boat for my hubby, decor for my house...heck, a new house. Of course I would also do the standard things that most people say: pay off my family's debt, build my parents their dream home, give money to the poor, etc. But I would definitely love the freedom to shop whenever I wanted. Oh -- and eat out all.the.time.

What happened to your going private on your blog? I know it was private for a week or so then it started being viewable again.
This question got answered in my post here. And as of right now, I have chosen to leave it open until further notice.

So how many times a day do you brush your teeth?
Twice. Once first thing in the morning, and again right before bed at night.

What were you like as a teenager? Wild and crazy? Or a well behaved young lady?
You'll have to ask my parents for their opinion...but I was far from wild and crazy. I never went to any parties, smoked, drank or did drugs. I wasn't perfect by any means...but I was definitely what you would call a 'goody-two-shoes' and if I could go back and change it...well, I wouldn't.

What do you like best about yourself?
Physically: My eyes.
Character-wise: I like to think I am a kind, and compassionate friend.

Would you ever get plastic surgery or eye surgery?
No to both. Most of that is because I would be too chicken. If I wasn't too chicken, I would likely do the eye surgery. But not plastic surgery.

What is your favourite movie and why?
"Raising Helen" with Kate Hudson. First of all -- I adore Kate Hudson. She is loveable and beautiful and genuine and lots of fun. But the movie is full of teary-eyed moments and also a lot of humourous moments too. I'll never forget the first time I watched this movie -- with my in-laws (well, the females anyway). There was one line said by Joan Cusack: "Oh, that's darling" that just cracked me up. Okay -- I know you think there's absolutely NOTHING funny about that line. But at the time, it was hilarious. Just the way she said it. I could not stop laughing. Even throughout the rest of the movie -- I would suddenly remember that line, and start giggling uncontrollably again. I know...you had to be there!

Airplane ride?
I assume that this question means, will I ever go on an airplane ride? And right now, as things stand, I would say that's a big, fat NO! And don't even bother giving me the statistics...I've heard it all a million times before. But fear isn't always logical.

What was the most popular and/or numerous gift you got at your wedding?
We got mostly presentation at our wedding, but even with the number of gifts that we did get, we surprisingly didn't get many duplicates. I don't really remember returning (or re-gifting) anything.

Where are all the Friends' Quizzes? I've been studying....
Sorry for slacking off on the Friends' quizzes. I do have a lot of questions floating around in my mind (and from my trivia game), but the problem is that I have to make them multiple choice for my blog -- whereas in the actual game, you just have to come up with the answer entirely on your own. So I find the questions are too easy with the answer provided in the muliple choice options. It makes it more difficult to come up with stumpers...but I'll work on it!!

If you had 24 hours to do ANYTHING at all (for yourself), what would it be to RELAX? Besides blogging.
I would start by sleeping in till 9:00am. Oh -- did I mention that I would be waking up in a hotel room with a hot tub in it? I would begin my day with a nice long soak in the tub and then spend some time getting ready for the day. Then I would meet a best friend for brunch and spend the rest of the day shopping. Dinner at a nice restaurant with my hubby would be divine, followed by a lovely romantic comedy movie -- complete with popcorn and Pepsi. I would then return to my hotel room, have another soak in the hot tub while reading a good book. I would have an uninterrupted night's sleep and wake up again at 9:00am. This time I would be waking up in my own bed and I would be delighted to give my kids a hug and a kiss again.

What actor makes you swoon?
I didn't even have to think about this one; it's a no-brainer. Josh Duhamel from the TV show Las Vegas.



Sigh....


What a good way to end off Part I of my Blogoversary Trilogy. Stay tuned next Saturday for the continuing saga known as Part II.

7 comments:

Pam said...

oh, I just love getting to know more about you! I can't wait to read the next two parts!

Melanie said...

This was soooo fun. I love all of the questions and the great answers. And I am definitely swooning over your choice!

mama said...

fun:)Happy mothers day!

Xandra said...

Happy Blogoversary! I've enjoyed reading your blog and I look forward to another year!

Xandra

Mamarazzi said...

this was such a fun read!! i love getting to know more about you. we have 243 questions to get answered and posted, breaking it up into segments is a great idea!

Kellan said...

Congrats on your one oyear blogoversary! I enjoyed the questions and answers. Have a good day - Kellan

common mom said...

Fun fun fun!!!

Eye surgery - do it - it's the best $4000 I ever spent! Yes, I did it a while ago when it was still really expensive!