Saturday, May 24, 2008

blogoversary trilogy: part III

Alas...it is time for the dramatic (?) conclusion of my blogoversary trilogy (see here and here for the first two editions). I appear to have saved some of the most difficult questions for last, although I've been answering them in the order that I received them.

What would constitute a "perfect" evening for you?
I'm a pretty simple gal. I would love dinner out at one of my favorite restaurants, $100 to go on a bit of a shopping spree, and end it with a good 'chick flick.' This could be an evening shared with my hubby or a good friend. Oh, and coming home to a quiet house is such a wonderful way to end the day!

If you could change one thing about the way you were raised, what would it be?
You know, I've been thinking about this question for the past several days...and I'd have to honestly say that I wouldn't change anything about the way I was raised. And I'm not just saying that because my parents both read my blog. It is the genuine truth. I was raised in a home filled with love, respect, encouragement and faith in God. Yes, my parents made mistakes along the way -- but who wants perfect parents anyway? The important thing is that we knew without a doubt in the world that our parents loved us. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

What do you value most in a relationship?
There are so many things that I think are integral in having a successful relationship -- and this applies to a friendship, family member or a marriage.

But honesty and respect are probably the two things I value the most in any of my relationships.

What things are too personal to discuss with others?
There aren't too many things that are too personal to discuss with some of my closest friends. I tell my friend Jackie pretty much e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g, and I think everybody needs a friend (or two) like that. One that they can share absolutely anything and everything with. But as far as the rest of the world...of course there are things too personal to discuss, like issues within my marriage or other things that involve other people. I would say I am a fairly open person -- as I'm sure is obvious from some of the things I blog about -- but of course there are things that a girl needs to keep to herself...or at least between her and a close friend.

What do you like best about your life? least?
Best: The thing I like best about my life would probably be the fact that I have a personal relationship with Jesus. I often hear/see people in excruciatingly difficult situations who do not have this sort of relationship and I wonder how they get through each and every day. I am so thankful that no matter how desperate I may feel; no matter how hard the journey is -- life is not hopeless because I have my faith.

Least: I don't know if I have one particular thing that I like the very least -- but I do know there are things that I don't like...my struggles with various things, such as patience, jealousy, my weight, etc. I need to learn to be content with who I am and work on my attitude about many things.

Would you be willing to eat a bowl of live crickets for $50,000?
Nope. Not a chance! But I'm sure my hubby would!

If you were guaranteed honest responses to any 3 questions, who would you question and what would you ask?
1) To my daughters: Am I really a great mom?
2) To Jesus: How did you feed the five thousand? 'Cause seriously...that's just c-o-o-l!!
3) To Les: Are you happy...I mean, r-e-a-l-l-y happy??

What is your favorite childhood memory?
This question was asked of me twice. The first time was just asked as is. The second time I was told to answer the first thing that came to my mind (you know...like word association). Well, of course nothing popped into my head right away. I can never think of things right on the spot like that!! But when something finally did come to mind, it was me and my sisters and cousin making up dance routines. Silly, I know. And this might not necessarily be my favorite childhood memory, but it is the one that stuck out in my mind first.

What are you afraid of?

Honestly? I'm terrified of raising two teenage daughters!! Good thing I have several years to freak myself out prepare myself!

Other than that, I am scared of flying, thunderstorms, dying, grasshoppers (all to different degrees of course).


What song, if any, brings tears to your eyes every time you hear it? And if you don't have a song, what movie?
Huh. I don't think there is any song that brings tear to my eyes every single time I hear it. There are often distractions -- like kids, mainly -- that can break the magical moment of a song. I have lots of favorites, but no guaranteed tear-jerkers. But movies is another story. I always cry in Titanic, no matter how many dozens of times I watch it.

Are you going to have any more children? Why either way? And do you feel at peace with your decision?
If I can help it, no I am not going to have any more children (but hey -- things happen that are sometimes out of your control...so you never kno). I have always only wanted two kids -- and two girls at that! I love that when Les and I are both around, there is one kid for each parent. Or, if I'm by myself, there is one kid for each hand. But it's more than that. When I look at my family, it just feels complete; I don't feel like we are still missing part of our family. And yes, I feel totally at peace with this decision. Will I ever miss the feeling of a newborn baby falling asleep in my arms? Sure. Will I ever wish to feel a baby kicking me inside my womb? You bet! There are lots of things that I miss about having a baby...but I would miss those things no matter how many kids I would end up having. The experiences that I have had with my pregnancies, labours and babies/toddlers have been extremely memorable, and I will treasure every moment in my mind for the rest of my life. But that's all they are for me now...memories.

What makes you squeal like a little girl with delight? Besides Pepsi.

Ahhh...you know me too well to make me exclude Pepsi from this answer!!

So, my answer to this question...is jumping on our new trampoline!! Doesn't it look like fun???

W-H-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-!!!!

13 comments:

PamJ said...

trampoline??? fun!!
Thank you for sharing your trilogy :)
I enjoy getting to know you a bit more each time I read your blog!!

Pam said...

trampoline? Well, now I have to come to your house so Ashlyn can jump on it. She wants one in the worst way!

Jenn said...

I see why you broke this up into three parts, those were all great questions and a good way to get to know you better. You did a great job answering everything!
Love the trampoline pics!

Kelly said...

I love these question posts. It's really a great way to get to know the people who's blogs you love to read.

Oh and BTW, I am soooo with you on being terrified to raise 2 teenage daughters. When Jillian came out a second girl I almost fell off the delivery table with thoughts of the teenage years. Keep blogging, we'll go through it together!

Roo said...

uh --- LOVE those last few pictures. hahaha!!! oh my...

good post! but hey -- i am gonna go reread the last 3 because i didn't see my question in the mix. it could be that i misssed it....

Tara said...

Everytime I read something about you on your blog, I get to you know you more and more! Thanks for sharing.

andrea said...

love the pictures! that looks like so much fun!
good trilogy post too. you made me laugh, get teary eyed, and ponder as i read.lovin you!

Mamarazzi said...

GIIIIRL!! my questions were on the "most difficult questions" list?!? REALLY?!?

i am glad i got to read your answers! and i am glad i asked the questions i did!

really!?!?! "NO!" to the whole cricket thing? $50,000 is like a lot of tax free 'cheddar'! i would totally do it! i ate 3 live ones just to raise my final grade in Jr. High. if i didn't my perfect GPA woulda been dust (my teacher did not belive in giving A's)!

Melissa said...

AWESOME
I love reading your blog and I feel like I got to know you a bit better, again always a pleasure reading your stuff sweets:)

Heather said...

Loved the trilogy! Loved getting to know you better too!

I know what you mean about your family being complete. Our family is complete too, and although I wish we had our first daughter with us, I know she's with Jesus and we'll all be together someday. My Hubby and two girls complete me!

Sharon Brumfield said...

Well as you know it has been busy busy around here getting ready for the big move. But I wanted to check in one last time before I am off line.
Love the new look and I enjoyed reading the answers to your Questions.
Loved the pictures of you on the trampoline. Brave girl, brave girl. :)

mama said...

Thnakyou for answering my question. (about haing kids)What a sweet thought out answer!
I saw your tornado warning in the sidebar. Do you have a basement to go down to if it does touch down?

Joanna said...

Your smiley for the day cracked me up!

Cool trampoline!! Glad it makes you squeal with delight. Just think of all the Pepsi that will burn off making room for more. :)