Friday, May 16, 2008

don't judge a book by its cover...

...or a cinnamon biscuit by its shape!

It's true...my first attempt at making Jenn's recipe of cinnamon biscuits may not have turned out looking anything like a Rachael Ray version. In fact -- when I first saw them as I took them out of the oven, I was slightly embarrassed (the picture doesn't even do them justice).

But then I figured...ah, heck! As long as they taste good -- which they did -- then who cares what they look like?

Afterall, it's what's on the inside that's important...right?

Oh -- and of course, here is the recipe:

Cinnamon Biscuits

4 1/2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups margarine

Combine these above ingredients together with a pastry blender. Then add 1 beaten egg and 1 cup of milk. Blend until you have a nice biscuit dough. Roll out in a rectangular shape. Spread with margarine, then brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll up and slice. Bake at 400 F for about 20 minutes.

18 comments:

andrea said...

those are so delicious. good thing you didn't include a calorie counter...:)!

wfbdoglover said...

mmmm those look delicious! I am going to try to make them for my husband!!!

Thanks for the recipe.

Pam said...

as long as they taste good- my tummy doesn't care what they look like!! thanks for sharing!

Jenn said...

Mmmmm......I'm glad you finally made them. A few more times and they'll look as good as mine. :)

Melissa said...

mmm I want one- yummy:)

Melanie said...

You know what? I think they look delicious. Give me a cinnamon biscuit and in about 30 seconds it won't even matter what it looked like.

Amanda said...

I made these exact same biscuts and mine didn't look good either but they sure did taste good. And that's all that matters.

Christine said...

I think those look yummy-licious!

mama said...

ok we wont judge.......but can I have some??

Mamarazzi said...

i think they look great! i am glad they tasted super YUM. E.

Roo said...

THOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL! i am in the midst of making these for me...er...i mean FOR MY FAMILY. :)

wfbdoglover said...

Just wondering if you could say what a pastry blender is or what you could use in place of it. I don't have one or know what it does. Thanks again for sharing the recipe! I would love to make these!

Heather said...

Taste is definitely more important than looks!

And for wfbdoglover, you can use two knives to "cut" the butter into the dry ingredients. That's the alternative method that I know.

Carl & Kathy said...

You're absolutely right. Something shouldn't be judged by the way it looks. Everything should have the same chance to be enjoyed....not a good mantra if you are on a diet!

wfbdoglover said...

Thank you heather! I may try this in the morning!

beckyjomama said...

I am all about the "grabbing anything not nailed down and throwing it in the pot" school of cooking, so MANY (OK, most) of my meals don't look all that appealing, but they usually taste pretty good.
Those cinnamon biscuits may not look like you wanted them too, but, Girl, I can smell the yumminess from here!!!!


May have to hunker down and follow a recipe for that one!

TammyIsBlessed said...

Hmmmm, cinnamon biscuits. Did you add icing yet?

wfbdoglover - you could use a fork instead of a pastry blender. If you google pastry blender, a picture of one is the first thing that pops up.

DeeAnne Thiessen said...

Those look so yummy. You have no idea how much we crave yummy bread products out here.