Wednesday, May 14, 2008

it's like it was written just for me

"I Believe In Love"
~ Barlow Girl

How long will my prayers seem unanswered?
Is there still faith in me to reach the end?
I'm feeling doubt, I'm losing faith
But giving up would cost me everything

So I'll stand in the pain and the silence
And I'll speak to the dark night


I believe in the sun even when it's not shining
I believe in love even when I don't feel it
And I believe in God even when He is silent
And I, I believe


Though I can't see my stories ending
That doesn't mean the dark night has no end
It's only here that I find faith
And learn to trust the One who writes my days

So I'll stand in the pain and the silence
And I'll speak to the dark night


I believe in the sun even when it's not shining
I believe in love even when I don't feel it
And I believe in God even when He is silent
And I, I believe


No dark can consume light
No death greater than this life
We are not forgotten
Hope is found when we say
"Even when He is silent"

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining
I believe in love even when I don't feel it
And I believe in God even when He is silent
And I, I believe

15 comments:

PamJ said...

that is a great song. now i need to go find it to sing along...

Erin said...

pretty song and pics too!

Margo said...

Beautiful - once again, I can SO relate. Hope you're doing ok today. Love you!

pam d said...

I feel the same way about that song.

Pam said...

isn't it amazing how sometimes the words of a song just speak to us on a personal and private level?! Great pics!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

I love when you relate to a song or something someone says in such and intimate way. Thansk for always sharing so deeply- hope you are feeling better and if you ever need an ear- I am here, and so is God:)

Sharon Brumfield said...

Wow...I can relate to that song too.
Great words. I'll have to go see if I can find it on youtube.

Roo said...

such sweet photos! i love the one of your girlies hugging on the porch. xo

andrea said...

great pictures to an amazing song. looking forward to getting together soon. have a good evening friend!

MamaGeek said...

Beautiful lyrics and shots to match. Powerful and passionate. Just the way I like it. :)

Carl & Kathy said...

Thanks for sharing the song and the powerful words. What struck me were the words,

It's only here that I find faith
And learn to trust the One who writes my days.

Thank you again.

Melanie said...

You have no idea how much I needed to read those words today. Wow.

Hope you're doing okay.

Leeann said...

You don't know how much I needed this today. Thanks.

Mamarazzi said...

it was fun reading this post while listening to the actual music on the one above it..sometimes it pays to be a little behind with my blog reading.

awesome posts...both of them...