Sunday, May 4, 2008

last minute wardrobe change

On Friday morning when I was driving to work, I heard that the forecast for Sunday was sunny and a high of 19 degrees celcius.

"Perfect", I thought to myself (okay, or maybe I spoke it outloud to myself...what's the difference?). "I will wear my new skirt to church." I was looking forward to it.

On Friday afternoon when I was leaving work, I heard that the forecast for Sunday was sunny and a high of 15 degrees celcius.

"Well", I once again said thought to myself. "Not as good, but I'll still wear my new skirt. At least it's going to still be sunny. Fifteen degrees is still nice weather."

On Saturday afternoon when Les and I were driving in the city, we heard that the forecast for Sunday was cloudy with a 60% chance of afternoon showers and a high of 6 degrees celcius.

"Huh?!" I said to Les, happy to have someone to talk to other than myself for a change. "That has drastically changed since yesterday. I was going to wear my new skirt to church on Sunday. I still really want to, but I may have to change my wardrobe plans."

This afternoon when Les and I got home from church, it was -1 degree celcius and there had been flurry activity all morning.


Good thing I decided against the new skirt. I suppose there's always next week...sigh...

12 comments:

Regina said...

wow! I have a friend in Canada who was supposed to come here today but due to the weather is home staying warm!

Margo said...

Oh my goodness! I didn't know there were flurries in southern manitoba today! I've been complaining because it's so cool, but at least it's dry here with intermittent sun. I am SO craving some HEAT!!

Pam said...

while I am glad we are not still getting flurries....I do wish the warm weather would come....and stay for awhile

ValleyGirl said...

Oh no, are you serious?! Sucky. We actually had the first nice day we've had in a long time. Well, it still wasn't any warmer than it's been over the last couple of weeks, but for once there was almost no wind. It's amazing how much of a difference that makes! I hope tomorrow will be a great day there and here ~ sunny and WARM for a change!!

Carl & Kathy said...

Oh, just how sad...who was more disappointed to see that snow, you or that lovely skirt that is just anxious for spring to come!

Pamela said...

I was disappointed to see the snow too...the only good thing was that soccer was canceled, lol!

Joanna said...

EEKK!!! What's that white stuff doing? It's suppose to go away!

andrea said...

what funny weather. and today, it's a lil cool but no flurries. Is this your new purchase from your shopping trip with Jenn? It's so fun to dress up. Hopefully, you can wear it very soon! just think...you have a brand new skirt in your closet waiting for you!!!

MamaGeek said...

Again I say, THAT AIN'T RIGHT! Mother Nature is having a good laugh, you realize that right? :)

Xandra said...

I'm starting to think that winter is never going to end for you guys!

Xandra

Mamarazzi said...

oh no...poor you!

we actually swam this weekend it was so hot!

Erin said...

o that bites! hope the weather is getting better!