Thursday, May 1, 2008

victory is mine


Well, everybody -- I did it! I went two whole weeks without a drop of Pepsi (or any other pop).

For some reason, even though it was challenging, it wasn't as hard as it was the first time I did this back in fall. I didn't experience any withdrawal, and I wasn't desperate for a taste -- although the cravings were definitely there.

I think a lot of it was just having better control of my mind this time. I didn't let the fact that I was in a Pepsi-drought totally consume my thoughts.

I made the decision on my own, and now I was just going to buck up and do it.

The sad thing is that I only noticed about a 1/2 a pound weight loss. But I do definitely f-e-e-l better (less bloated and such), even if the scale doesn't show it. And that will have to be good enough for now.

I know I mentioned that I was going to be making the switch to diet Pepsi once these two weeks were up. Well, as you can see from the above pictures, that didn't quite happen. I seriously weighed the pros and cons -- and since there seem to be cons with the diet as well, I decided to stick to the original.

BUT...I am seriously going to try to have more control. Like maybe -- just maybe -- setting myself a weekly limit, and once that number has been reached, I am out of luck until the following week. We'll see.

For now though, I am enjoying the feeling of accomplishment of yet another Pepsi challenge. And I most certainly enjoyed the magnificent taste of the smooth, ice cold Pepsi that I indulged in together with my friend Jenn over a delicious plate of nachos.

Mmmm...life doesn't get much better than that!

15 comments:

Roo said...

mmm nachos!!!!!!!

Louise said...

Those nachos look good!!
Way to go!!

MamaGeek said...

All I saw was nachos. Did you post something? :)

On a side note, I just read that private blog post. I SO KNOW how you feel. It's such a fine line. I've often debated going private. So keep me posted on your decision! I've actually seen about 20 other bloggers contemplating this very decision lately too!

Congrats on giving up the fructose!

Kelly said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm that Pepsi and Nachos must have tasted heavenly. I know what you mean bout diet. When I go back to soda after nursing I always toy with the idea of switching to diet but I always hear about the negatives to diet and then I don't switch. Congratulations you made it!

Jenn said...

Yay you did it!!

Pamela said...

Hooray for you! I am just over 6 weeks away from meeting my "100 days without pop challenge"...and believe me it has been a challenge! Are you sure you don`t want to go another 6 weeks with me? lol!!

Pam said...

oh nachos! I could just eat that whole plate of nachos! I am enjoying a Cherry Pepsi (diet though) in honor of you and your challenge victory....good for you!

Heather said...

Good for you!! I think giving yourself a weekly or even a daily limit is a great idea. I've never been much of a soda hound, but I have my other vices.... so I understand!

Melissa said...

Thats awesome Andrea good for you hun! BTW the Nachos look very scrumptious

wfbdoglover said...

Congrats! I think I mentioned earlier that I had worked myself down to one soda a day and then gave it up completely.

I have been craving a Pepsi, for the last two weeks.... ah hem, I wonder why? Seems everytime I go to a certain web page - my mouth waters for a Pepsi!

I think your decision to stick with the regular is a good one. This weekend we ran to the store and I got some soda for a treat. My husband wanted diet and I haven't touched a drop all week. (you know they never listen to you)

Erin said...

just an idea for u..but if u r going to limit urself to a weekly amount..only put that amount in the fridge. then sunday, restock!
lots of luck!

Anonymous said...

Congrats again Andrea! I really think you have contributed to my addiction now! I think I may be addicted to pepsi too, and I'm trying to cut down too!
jackie

andrea said...

happy to hear that you were reunited, with a delish lunch and dear friend...sounds perfect to me!

Joanna said...

Hey Congrats for doing it!! Those nachos look good - drink a cold one and think happy bloggy thoughts.


I had to go back and read the private or open - are there reasons for people to go private? I mean you don't post last name or location so did someone say something or do something for you to want to go private? (wrings hands and starts to worry about all the dangers) Um, just wondering...

Mamarazzi said...

i am sorry did you say something? i was totally distracted by the nachos....mmmmm!!

dang it i just went to do word verification and saw like EVERYONE else said the same thing. eh screw it i am posing it anyway...poo!