Wednesday, June 11, 2008

drumroll please...

Yesterday I posted about the temptation of KFC's chicken & fries...did I take the deal, or did I proudly say "NO DEAL!" with my head held high?

Most of you were pretty sure that I used my strong will power to resist the greasy meal (thanks for the vote of confidence, by the way...), but a few of you suggested that you yourselves would've succumbed to temptation so you would understand if I did as well (thanks for that leniency as well!).

Well, the suspense is now over. What did I do?









I ate the chicken and fries...and gravy.

But no Pepsi -- does that count for anything?? (okay, okay -- I already had a Pepsi earlier that day at work...but my co-worker bought it for me. I can't, as an avid Pepsi drinker, refuse free Pepsi can I? No, I think that would actually be unethical)

So why did I post about it if I didn't 'succeed'? I know some of you figured that I must've held strong and was using this as an opportunity to rightfully brag about my successes in my weight loss journey.

But rather, I knew even before going to the restaurant to place my order, that I was going to indulge in the supper. Oh sure, I had considered being strong -- really, I did! -- but in the end, temptation won out.

So I figured I would still blog about it and instead use it as another kick in the butt. I had counted on most of my readers thinking positively about me and my efforts, and I knew that I would feel convicted by the comments.

And you did.

And I did.

Now I figure if you guys all think that I can do it...then maybe I actually can! Trust me, I kicked myself afterwards for indulging. Not only because I knew it wasted a lot of my previous efforts...but because it made me feel sick to my stomach afterwards too.

Sigh...will I never learn??

11 comments:

Pam said...

well, I still say good for you. One of the biggest things I read/hear about dieting is that it won't work if you don't allow yourself treats that you love from time to time. Believe it or not, you actually helped yourself!!

andrea said...

happy to hear that you are normal...lol! If you refused it, you'd be still thinking about it...and b/c you ate it, it's completely off your mind.funny how that works, eh?

ValleyGirl said...

Ahhhh, the lure of the grease. As long as you don't view this as a failure but rather as an occasional treat, you'll stay positive and continue in the right direction. Focus on progress, not perfection.

Jenn said...

Everyone stumbles along the way. And if you never let yourself eat any of those indulgences then it will make you crazy craving for them. I think moderation is the key. You've got a strong determination and are headed in the right direction. Woot! Woot!

Tara said...

Well at least you said no to pepsi, great job! It may take time, but it looks like you are heading in the right direction!

common mom said...

Gotta have the treats . . . I had left-over chicken strips and fries with the kids last night. Just didn't have the strength to actually "make" something. Gotta have a treat every now and then :-)

Everything in moderation my dear.

Erin said...

my theory? (for what its worth) u have to indulge a little every once in awhile. if not, it will bulid up and u will go crazy all at once consuming a million calories cause u can't hold back. don't be 2 hard on urself.

Regina said...

Pam is totally right! If you try to starve yourself or deprive yourself of everything you end up going on a total binge and that is the worst feeling.

I had a guest poster on Tuesday who talks about healthy eating check it out.
By the way I have an award for you at my spot!

Carl & Kathy said...

You know sometimes it's two steps forward, one step back. That's okay. I probably would have had the Pepsi along with the meal, plus the McCains cake...., so you're still a hero to me!

Gina said...

Congratulations on giving up the Pepsi! That's a big step. And as most others have said...we need a little treat every once in a while. A book that has helped me more than any other is "French Women Don't Get Fat" by Mirelle Guillano. It's a journey! ; )

Kellan said...

It's pretty darn hard to resist KFC - I can't!

Hope you are having a good weekend, Andrea - see you soon. Kellan