Friday, June 20, 2008

i may have a sickness


Hi, my name is Andrea and I am a Value-Village-aholic.

Phew! That feels good to get that off my chest.

Yesterday before the girls' last swimming lesson, we were in the city a bit earlier than what we needed to, so we made a spontaneous stop at a Value Village.

(For those of you who are not familiar with VV -- first of all, how unfortunate! But secondly -- it is a second hand clothing-toy-books-furniture-miscellaneous store and it is magnificent!).

As we walked in the store, I told Les that Malia really needed a few t-shirts and maybe both girls needed a couple of pairs of shorts. Notice that I said a f-e-w t-shirts.

Well, take a look at that collage. We left that store with 4 pairs of shorts (at least I stayed on target with that -- although that's likely only because we ran out of time!) and 18 -- count them, 18 -- t-shirts for both girls. Hmmm...did I say that Joelle needed new summer shirts too? Ummm, I don't think so. Ooops!!

But at $1.99 an item (with 2 exceptions of $3.99) I just couldn't pass it up. So for $48 we ended up with 22 items of summer clothing for our two growing girls.

What? You only count 21 items? No...that can't be. I'm sure they're all there...really, I am. Okay, okay, I'm busted. There is an item of clothing that didn't make the shot. But before I show it to you, let's make sure it's known that this purchase did NOT meet my approval, but I was out-voted by a Dad with a smirk on his face and a 4 year old with the biggest grin and the widest eyes (Joelle gets so excited when she gets new clothes...especially when they're fun, bright, busy and colorful). So here it is in all its glory:


Okay, okay...you can stop laughing now. Joelle wore it all day today with pride and instead of it growing on me as the hours passed by, I still can't help but look at it and think

Hideous...hideous...hideous...hideous...hideous...hideous...

I did make sure to specify to Joelle that this was purely an AT HOME shirt not to be worn out in public. But we'll see how that goes.



There is one that I wanted to make special note of. When I saw this one, I couldn't not get it:

The only problem is...which daughter suits it the most?? Luckily for me, it's big enough for Joelle to wear first and then pass it on down to the little terror sister.



Funny thing is -- I used to wish for twins.

13 comments:

PamJ said...

I still wish for twins ;) just to be pg ONE more time instead of two! lol...
Rick will LOVE the tye dye shirt. He is still stuck in that era actually, except when we go in public and he wears the clothes that I have bought him :)

Pam said...

I'm going to send you the sizes for my kids and have you shop for them! That is an amazing deal.

I actually like tie dye....can we still be friends? (I have learned to not wear it though if that helps any)

Louise said...

Love that last shirt, wish they had it for boys..lol!
Great shop, awesome for yoU!!!

Kelly said...

What you don't like tie die?lol Me neither. I'll never forget in highschool my friend made a tie die out of a shirt that said carpe diem. She made a circle pattern over each word. Well when she unwrapped it and put it on, it made two huge bull's eyes over her boobs! I've never been able to look at tie die the same way since!
BTW, we have stores similar to that here too and I need to join your support group!

mama said...

Ha Ha........now may I ask WHERE you gonna store all that???:):)

Anonymous said...

I kind of like that tie dyed tank top! It's cute!
jackie

Leeann said...

LOL That is QUITE the haul! I'm very impressed.

wfbdoglover said...

Cute!! I wanted twins too and they run in both sides of our family!

I love that t-shirt the best, aside from the great deals you got!

Carl & Kathy said...

Okay that is so funny. You do have a problem, but really I don't think it's that bad. At least you have that adorable shirt to show for it (plus the other items too!). Man, I really need to get to that place. Maybe the key is to take only $10 cash and when it's spent, you can't pull out the plastic!

Rebecca said...

Great deals! Love the tie dyed shirt that dad helped pick out - lol!

Erin said...

u bargin shopper!! we would be such good shopping buddies....great deals. i too thought twins would be neat 2 have. 1 boy 1 girl and done. now watch the next time i get pregnant i will have twins..that is a fear of mine. it would be ok the first time, not so much the second time.

Joanna said...

I've never understood why people wish for them. Believe me it was hell the first three years. Now they are going through puberty together. Hell has levels! I'm praying for the rapture before driver's ed.

Jen said...

I'm with Pam! We need a Value Village here! That's incredible!!!