It has been a l-o-n-g time since I have participated in Meme Monday, hosted by Melanie at Livin' With Me. Not because I haven't wanted to, but because I haven't been tagged for anything in so long.
But last week I got tagged by my good friend Pam, and on the same day I saw something fun on Leeann's blog that I wanted to do. So you all get a double dose...aren't you excited??
8 things for which i have a passion for
2. My family
3. My friends
6. Playing piano
8. Having a clean house (hey, I am passionate about the idea of it...it doesn't mean I actually achieve it!)
8 Things I'd Like to do Before I Die:
1. See my children be happily married
2. Hold my grandchildren
3. Finish my youngest nephew's baby blanket (it's coming Tammy...I promise!)
4. Have my dream house which includes a window seat...sigh...I've a-l-w-a-y-s wanted a window seat, ever since I was a little girl.
5. Lose 30 pounds
6. Write a book
7. Record a CD -- either vocal or piano
8. See Casting Crowns in concert
8 Things I say A Lot:
1. Stop whining!
2. Stop hitting your sister!
3. You need to say sorry to your sister.
4. Joelle, go to your room!
5. I said "no!"
6. Hurry up -- we need to get going.
7. Malia, no more peeing and pooping in your panties!
8. I need a kid-free evening!!
(okay, I say a lot of positive things too, I promise -- but I've had a rough few days with the kids so this is just what came out right now)
8 Books I have Read Recently:
The 8 book "Love Comes Softly" series by Janette Oke. It's a classic Christian series!!
8 Movies I Have Seen Eight Times:
1. The Lion King
3. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
5. My Best Friend's Wedding
6. Return to Me
7. Notting Hill
8. Runaway Bride
This one is called "Have You Ever?" The ones in bold are ones that I have done. But there's a twist...there are 3 things in bold that are not true -- can you guess which ones they are?
1. Touched an iceberg
1. Touched an iceberg
2. Slept under the stars - does it count if I was in a tent at the time?
3. Been a part of a hockey fight
4. Changed a baby's diaper
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Swam with wild dolphins
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a tarantula
10. Said "I love you" and meant it
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Stayed up all night long and watched the sun rise
15. Seen the Northern Lights
16. Gone to a huge sports game - Grey Cup in Edmonton 2002
17. Walked the stairs to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown and eaten your own vegetables - okay, Les actually does this. But I eat them!!
19. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
20. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Bet on a winning horse
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb -- not a lamb, but I've held a little piglet.
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Taken an ice cold bath
28. Had a meaningful conversation with a beggar
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Ridden a roller coaster
31. Hit a home run
32. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
33. Adopted an accent for fun
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Felt very happy about your life, even for just a moment
36. Loved your job 90% of the time
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Watched wild whales
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Gone on a midnight walk on the beach
41. Gone sky diving
42. Visited Ireland
43. Ever bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited India
45. Bench-pressed your own weight
46. Milked a cow
47. Alphabetized your personal files
48. Ever worn a superhero costume -- every day, I put on the costume of Super Mom
49. Sung karaoke
50. Lounged around in bed all day
51. Gone scuba diving
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Done something you should regret, but don't
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Been in a movie
60. Gone without food for 3 days
61. Made cookies from scratch
62. Won first prize in a costume contest
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Been in a combat zone
65. Spoken more than one language fluently
66. Gotten into a fight while attempting to defend someone
67. Bounced a check -- only once, and in my defense, I had just switched banks and the cheque I had written out earlier had not been cashed yet...oops!
68. Read - and understood -- - your credit report
69. Recently bought and played with a favorite childhood toy -- Barbie's and My Little Ponies
70. Found out something significant that your ancestors did
71. Called or written your Congress person
72. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
73. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
74. Helped an animal give birth
75. Been fired or laid off from a job
76. Won money
77. Broken a bone
78. Ridden a motorcycle -- I've been on a motorcycle ride, but wasn't the one driving it
79. Driven any land vehicle at a speed of greater than 100 mph
80. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
81. Slept through an entire flight: takeoff, flight, and landing -- uh...you'd have to actually get on a plane for that to happen, right??
82. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days -- yeah right! But if I did...I'm sure Les would fall in love with me all over again!
83. Eaten sushi -- not if you paid me!!
84. Had your picture in the newspaper -- not my picture, but my name has been in it several times when I was younger from winning piano festivals (nobody ever read that section anyway though)
85. Read The Bible cover to cover -- in Bible School
86. Changed someones mind about something you care deeply about
87. Gotten someone fired for their actions
88. Gone back to school
89. Changed your name
90. Caught a fly in the air with your bare hands
91. Eaten fried green tomatoes
92. Read The Iliad
93. Taught yourself an art from scratch
94. Killed and prepared an animal for eating -- I've watched someone do it though, and then eaten it.
95. Apologized to someone years after inflicting the hurt
95. Apologized to someone years after inflicting the hurt
96. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
97. Been elected to public office
98. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream -- on my wedding day
99. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
100. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you
101. Had a booth at a street fair
102. Dyed your hair
103. Been a DJ
104. Rocked a baby to sleep
105. Ever dropped a cat from a high place to see if it really lands on all four
106. Raked your carpet -- ??? Seriously? Do people do that?
107. Brought out the best in people
108. Brought out the worst in people
109. Worn a mood ring -- haven't we all?
110. Ridden a horse
111. Carved an animal from a piece of wood or bar of soap
112. Cooked a dish where four people asked for the recipe -- my Beef Enchiladas are a huge hit...anytime I have made this for someone, they want the recipe.
113. Buried a child -- I can't even fathom the thought
114. Gone to a Broadway (or equivalent to your country) play
115. Been inside the pyramids
116. Shot a basketball into a basket
117. Danced at a disco
118. Played in a band
119. Shot a bird
120. Gone to an arboretum
121. Tutored someone -- like mentally? Probably. Physically? No way!
122. Ridden a train -- a kiddie train, but it didn't specify....
123. Brought an old fad back into style
124. Eaten caviar
125. Let a salesman talk you into something you didn’t need
126. Ridden a giraffe or elephant
127. Published a book
128. Pieced a quilt
129. Lived in an historic place
130. Acted in a play or performed on a stage
131. Asked for a raise -- and I got it, thank you very much! (2 out of 3 times anyway)
132. Gotten a hole-in-one...only in mini-golf
133. Gone deep sea fishing
134. Gone roller skating
135. Run a marathon
136. Learned to surf
137. Invented something
138. Flown first class
139. Spent the night in a 5-star luxury suite
140. Flown in a helicopter
141. Visited Africa
142. Sang a solo
143. Gone spelunking...what?!?!
144. Learned how to take a compliment
145. Written a love-story
146. Seen Michelangelo’s David
147. Had your portrait painted
148. Written a fan letter -- an email, actually, to Ellen DeGeneres just last year!
149. Spent the night in something haunted
150. Owned a St. Bernard or Great Dane
151. Ran away
152. Learned to juggle
153. Been a boss
154. Sat on a jury
155. Lied about your weight
156. Gone on a diet
157. Found an arrowhead or a gold nugget
158. Written a poem
159. Carried your lunch in a lunchbox
160. Gotten food poisoning
161. Gone on a service, humanitarian or religious mission
162. Hiked the Grand Canyon
163. Sat on a park bench and fed the ducks
164. Gone to the opera
165. Gotten a letter from someone famous
166. Worn knickers
167. Ridden in a limousine
168. Attended the Olympics
169. Can hula or waltz
170. Read a half dozen Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys books
171. Been stuck in an elevator
172. Had a revelatory dream
173. Thought you might crash in an airplane
174. Had a song dedicated to you on the radio or at a concert
175. Saved someone’s life
176. Eaten raw whale
177. Know how to tat, smock or do needlepoint -- I can crochet, does that count?
178. Laughed till your side hurt
179. Straddled the equator
180. Taken a photograph of something other than people that is worth framing
181. Gone to a Shakespeare Festival
182. Sent a message in a bottle
183. Spent the night in a hostel
184. Been a cashier
185. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
186. Joined a union
187. Donated blood or plasma
188. Built a campfire
189. Kept a blog
190. Had hives
191. Worn custom made shoes or boots
192. Made a PowerPoint presentation
193. Taken a Hunter’s Safety Course
194. Served at a soup kitchen
195. Conquered the Rubik’s cube
196. Know CPR
197. Ridden in or owned a convertible
198. Found a long lost friend
199. Helped solve a crime
200. Responded to a NJP newsletter
So, do you know which 3 bolded ones are false? Take another look, then leave your guess in your comment!