Thursday, July 10, 2008

let's play hide and seek...or at least hide

This morning my wonderful neighbour Tara brought over some VHS movies to pass down to my girls (since they no longer have a VCR to play them on).

The girls were v-e-r-y excited to add to their video collection and immediately proclaimed that they were bringing ALL of them to the cabin this weekend -- you know, since they already had heard us say that the weather was going to be rainy and we might be stuck inside a lot.


I was very grateful to my generous friend for thinking of us -- afterall, it's always nice to have new additions to their video library. However...it didn't take me too long to realize that some libraries are better off without certain additions.

After a 'special' sneak-peak of one of the videos this morning from the kitchen while prepping for our weekend away, all I can say is we will most definitely not be bringing ALL of them along to the cabin this afternoon. One of them in particular is going to stay at home...hidden somewhere where nobody will ever find it...ever again!

15 comments:

PamJ said...

NO NOT TELETUBBIES!! That and Barney are not played in my house ;)

no offense of course to those of you who enjoy them...

ValleyGirl said...

Haha, let me guess: Teletubbies? That'd be the one I'd lose accidentally-on purpose. Followed closely by the Blues Clues ones. That'll be awesome for the girls to have new videos while they're away though, especially if the weather doesn't co-operate. At home, that's one thing, but when you're away, it's a lot harder to deal with. Previously UNviewed movies should do the trick nicely!

Have fun!!

Heather @ Not a DIY Life said...

Yeah, I'd lose the TeleTubbies too. Ick.

Pam said...

From those in the picture- I'm guessing Teletubbies--I try to lose that one. Is that the one? I'm dying to know!

It is nice to have never before seen movies for the trip though- Ashlyn is always more occupied by something she hasn't seen a million times. THough she does love to watch movies over and over and over again (until I hide it...hee hee hee!)

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

I think that the Teletubbies video might have to have an "accident" before the trip! LOL!

Xandra

andrea said...

have a wonderful time at the cabin...annoying videos and all...your girls will just love watching them. thankfully, we grow out that!

Kelly said...

So you leave me guessing. My vote is with everyone else. No Telletubbies. Talk about mind numbing! Good job hinding it. That "thief" has visited my house on more than one occasion!

melanie said...

I assume the Teletubbies will be left behind. I might accidently lose that right in the garbage can.

amy said...

oooohhh have fun!

Jenn said...

I could never stand Teletubbies either. I assume that's the one you're talking about.
Despite the rain I hope you guys are having a fabulous time!

common mom said...

Teletubbies . . . BLUCK! I watched it one half a time with my daughter . . . neither of us has ever seen it again. Barney - never ever seen it and don't ever plan to. The only time I ever saw Barney was at the minor league baseball game in some kind of weird between-innings race. . . his head fell off when he tripped over the giant hot dog, and the collective gasp from the crowd was enough to suck down an airplane flying overhead.

Please tell me it's the Teletubbies you are outlawing!

Jen said...

Is it the Teletubbies? That's my guess? Am I right!! Hee hee!

Roo said...

i have never heard of teletubbies. i'm from a previous generation. :)

Joanna said...

I STILL have Blue's Clues stuff rolling around in my head from when my boys were little. Hubby is convinced Barney is the antichrist.

Slam dunk the dreaded video into the trash - it'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy. :)

Leeann said...

Teletubbies.
Barney.
The Devil.
Roomates, as far as I'm concerned.