Monday, July 21, 2008

meme monday

(It is Monday, right?)

I was tagged like a million years ago by the lovely HolleeAnn to do a picture meme. Sorry it took me so long -- but I promised I'd do it, so here it is!! The only rule is that I can't clean up before taking the pictures.

**Note: I took these pictures last week when I had originally planned to post it, but then I never got around to it.**

1. Dream Vacation: Well, I'm starting off with a bang here 'cause there's no picture!! To be honest, I've never been bitten by the traveling bug (which likely has to do with the fact that I'm afraid to fly). So to me, all I need is to go to Grand Forks and stay in a hotel, eat out in restaurants and shop, shop, shop! (And don't bother telling me how much I'm missing, or how much safer it is to fly than drive -- 'cause I've heard it all before, and it just doesn't matter to me).

2. Self Portrait: I suck at taking self portraits -- but here you go. Here I am in all my glory!



3. What the kids are doing right now: Well, technically right now Joelle is over at a friend's house and Malia is watching a Veggie Tales video...but when I took these pictures, Joelle was in her room playing with Emily and Malia was in her room playing with Barbies.


4. Closet: Here is my half of our walk-in closet. Nothing special.


5. Fave Room: I would have to say is my living room, since I spent a lot of time (and money!) in getting it to look classier and better decorated. Of course now I have a temporary brown desk as my TV stand (since we sold our glass coffee table & end tables are our garage sale and I am now using my old TV stand -- which is actually a beautiful coffee table -- as our coffee table). So for now, the desk is a bit of an eye sore, but other than that I love this room!


6. Fave shoes: I used to never really be that into shoes until recently. Now I love them -- much to Jenn's joy -- and these are my 2 favorite pairs (sorry, I forgot to rotate the pictures).


7. Laundry Room: Here is my messy laundry/freezer room in our unfinished basement. It's not totally ideal, but it gets the job done (at least when I decide to get the job done...)


8. Bathroom: This is our 1/2 bath on our main floor. It was the cleanest at the time, so this is what you're getting.



9. Sink: My kitchen sink -- completely free of dishes. That is a rare thing...how fortunate for me that it happened on picture day!!


10. Fridge: Ah, yes...the fridge unorganized and overfilled with items that are probably old and moldy. Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds containers with things growing on them...


And thus concludes the picture meme that took me f-o-r-e-v-e-r to do. Hop on over to Melanie's site to see who else is participating in Meme Monday this week.

5 comments:

Pam said...

I love seeing pics of you and your family! Makes it feel like I have been sitting in that living room!

Erin said...

it seems like everyone's laundry room is in the basement. this is the 4th one i have seen!! too funny....

Mamarazzi said...

YAY!! i am glad you did it...you are brave, not everyone i tagged had the guts to do it! lol

your home is darling!

melanie said...

I love this meme. I have to post mine still but I really enjoyed yours.

I haven't been posting Meme Monday lately because participation had gotten so low. I might start it back up in the fall when people aren't so busy with all the summer fun!

Jen said...

How fun! I did this meme too! You have a great home! It's really cute!