Saturday, August 9, 2008

30 more sleeps...

This morning Joelle and I set out to make a countdown chain for Kindergarten. I remember having chains like this for counting down to Christmas as a child, and I loved it. So when I made the suggestion for a back-to-school one to Joelle last night before bed, she couldn't wait for morning to come!!

Since we were low on color-variety in our ever-decreasing stack of construction paper, we made things more vibrant with decorating each chain individually (Les even lended his creative hand to this task).

After I chained them all together, she prompty led me to her room to find just the right spot to hang up her beloved countdown chain.


Only 30 more sleeps?!?!...I can hardly believe it!!

13 comments:

wfbdoglover said...

super cool!!

Can you say what to do? When I was little, we made them to go around the chirstmas tree for decoration.

Do you take one off each night?

Margo said...

What a great idea! I only wish I was that excited for school to start again:(. I want summer to go on forever! Anticipating Kindergarten is definitely a special time.

Erin said...

what a great idea!! only 30 more..time flies

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

30 more sleeps! Priceless...

Xandra

Leeann said...

What a cute idea!

Pam said...

you are one great mom! How fun and exciting! I did that last year with Ashlyn for her birthday- it was more to stop her constant asking about when it would be her birthday ;) I'm glad she is SO excited about starting school. What a magical time!

Kelly said...

That is such a cute idea. Maybe I'll do one of those with Lyndsy. She starts preschool around that time too.

Louise said...

That is sweet that she is so excited!! Great idea! I think I would be the only one in my house making one though..LOL!!

Jenn said...

What a fabulous idea! That should've been our craft!

Mamarazzi said...

YAY Joelle!!30 more sleeps...FAB!

mama said...

what a good idea!! I should do this for my new kindergartener!! MAybe it would help hime not feel so nervous!!

Heather @ Not a DIY Life said...

What a neat idea! I'll have to remember this when Ladybug gets older.

Rebecca said...

How sweet! I love that you decorated the chains individually! And you could even reuse a few of those chains (flat) in a scrapbook! How fun & exciting for both of you!