Sunday, August 31, 2008

eye see right through you

Whenever I tell Joelle that she looks tired, of course she refuses to admit it (like most children).

First off, she'll down-right deny it by saying, "No, I'm not!"

I'll come back with, "Yes you are...I can see it in your eyes. They look tired."

And her witty, but non-verbal, come-back? She makes this face -- as if by making her eyes go as B-I-G as they possibly can, it takes the tiredness out of her eyes and she can prove me wrong.

Nice try, Joelle. But your eyes s-t-i-l-l look tired. Eye see right through you!

**This picture was taken on the girls' father-daughter camping trip with Les a couple of weeks ago (which I haven't gotten around to posting about yet), which explains why she looks just a tiny bit dirty and slightly unkempt. I don't really know if the above story is the background for this picture or not, but it's the exact same face that she would make in this situation.**

9 comments:

Jen said...

LOL! That's hilarious! I tell Kya the same thing all the time. The best is when she flat out tells me she's tired and then I repeat back to her what she just said and she freaks out and says, "no, I'm NOT tired" only to say, "I'm tired" a few minutes later without realizing what she's saying again. Cracks me up! Obviously, she's tired!

Pam said...

that is too funny! Kids never want to admit they are tired....but then they crash so quickly.

ValleyGirl said...

When I say that to my youngest, she'll vehemently deny it, but if I rephrase it and ask if she's just a little bit sleepy or if she'd like to rest her eyes for just a short little while, she usually says yes!!

Kelly said...

That is always Lyndsy's come back too! Too bad for them, you wouldn't have to tell me twice to go lay down and take a nap!

Jamie said...

Adorable picture!

andrea said...

cutey! they hear everything so literally, don't they? i'm sure school will make her very tired...she may even admit it!

Roo said...

what a cutie pie!

Joanna said...

But she's just so cute! :)

Mamarazzi said...

she is soooooo cute!

i remember the first time i realized that my mom KNEW EVERYTHING....it was potpourri of emotions i was feeling...lol