Saturday, August 16, 2008

Please don't leave me...please don't go
Before you do -- there's something you should know
I've never given you the credit you've been due
What I am experiencing now is all rather new
The way that you make me suddenly feel
Is something that I didn't know could ever be real
My heart always skips a beat
For how do I know when we will again meet?

Forgive me for taking so long to realize,
for refusing to admit that others were so wise
For they knew that if I would just give you a chance
You would show me what it feels like to dance


On beaches with a soft, sandy shore
It would make me want to come back for more
But you didn't say anything; you didn't pressure me
You just waited and waited for me to finally see

What I had been missing all of these years
You taught me that things are not always as they appear
For now I know that I really do love you
My eyes are open to a whole new view

I wish I hadn't wasted so much time
'Cause to live without you is a crime
What can I do to make you stay?
I really don't want you to go away

Look at my face, see my big smile
I haven't felt this way in quite awhile
And this is all because of you, you know
So summer -- please don't go!

Oh summer -- please don't go!!

~ Written by yours truly

14 comments:

Jenn said...

This is a very nice post. I agree, summer is WAY too short. Did you write this yourself?

PamJ said...

I agree too! I notice when the sun starts going down sooner and sooner and sooner... and before you know it, school will be starting! Man, I gotta do that school shopping yet... oy

Pam said...

I agree- I don't want summer to end either. I love summer and all too soon it will be cold and I'll be sad......

Krista Nicole said...

I don't know if I can believe this- it almost seems like you... like summer? It's fun over on the summer side!

andrea said...

i'm so with you about summer. are you the auther of this poem? lovely! enjoy your weekend my love!

Erin said...

it seems like yesterday we were saying good bye to our last snowfall, now summer too? sigh..
where does the time go?

Pamela said...

Summer is too short...and I since my regular classes ended on April 30th...I technically have been on 'summer break' for almost 4 months already and it is still going too fast!

Rebecca said...

I think summer feels shorter because the kids go back to school so early. August is lost & mushed into fall. BTW, I thought you were writing about flip flops at first and was going to assure you that you could still hang onto them - until the snow comes at least.

Kelly said...

Please summer, we are pleading with you not to leave us!

Roo said...

what do you think about todays weather though????? august is turning out to be a scorcher! wow.

MamaGeek said...

You and me BOTH. Beautiful!

Kathy and Carl said...

Sure, but it gets depressing to think of the inevitable. Let's stay positive and think in a few short months you can pull out those crazy Christmas socks, bake gingerbread men and then decorate a tree. Hurray!!!

MoziEsmé said...

Aww! Hope that beautiful begging works! I suspect it won't.

melanie said...

Wow! What a sweet poem. You're soooo talented. While I don't want summer to end- I love the fall. So I'm a bit torn.