Monday, September 8, 2008

Seven years ago when I became your bride
I vowed that I would never leave your side
"For better or for worse" was what we said
And right after that, we were wed

Together we have experienced life
With you as my hubby, and I as your wife
It has not always been what I would've thought
And there have been plenty of times when we fought

But for all the bad times, there has been more good
And beside each other we have always stood
Just like we promised seven years before
When we had no idea what life had in store

So now, on our anniversary day, my love
I cherish this gift I have from above
I get to share my life with you
Because seven years ago we said "I do."

I know there are still more battles ahead
But I still mean now what I once said
That you will be mine, through thick and thin
And I will be yours -- together we'll win

And when we look back fifty years from today
We'll be so glad we decided to stay
And God will bless us beyond measure
Because each other we chose to treasure

~ Love, Yours Truly

15 comments:

Sheldon said...

awww, so sweet. congrats.

Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary. Congrats on 7 years. Hope you and Les get to do something special together.

Betty said...

I didn't know you were such a great poet! Happy Anniversary to you and Les! And I'm looking forward to hearing how Joelle's first day of kindergarten has gone.

Jenn said...

Happy Anniversary!! I can't believe I forgot. I hope you guys have a great day.

andrea said...

what a beautiful poem! seven years ago really? i was 12 weeks preg that day! you had a lovely wedding and now a solid marriage, you both love the Lord, 2 adorable girls and a lifetime of adventures a head of you! Congrats! Have a fun celebration( any chance of checking out some tents)!
;)
Love you and so proud of where you are!

common mom said...

Congrat's and Happy Anniversary!!!

Roo said...

happy happy anniversary! 7 years! wow!

Louise said...

very cute!
Happy Anniversary!!

jackie said...

Congrats! I forgot! What a nice poem, Andrea. Are you doing anything special tonight?

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Xandra

Joanna said...

Happy Anniversary!

Margo said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you! How did you celebrate? Hope it was special!

Pamela said...

Happy Anniversary! Great picture of the two of you!

TammyIsBlessed said...

Happy anniversary!!

Still waiting for first day of school pictures..... :)

Erin said...

awww...awesome poem..congrats on the 7 years.