1) When my family got slurpees on a hot day --I declined.
2) When I got freezies for my kids on another hot day -- instead of having one of my own like I normally would've, I did not.
3) Instead of consuming at least one Pepsi a day (which would've amounted to up to a dozen in this 10 day period) -- I cut it down to 1 regular Pepsi, and 3 Diet Pepsi's in this same time frame.
4) When my family went out for ice cream cones -- I had one. No, I didn't 'mess up.' I did the right thing; allowing myself a treat from time to time will prevent me from giving up and binging on my cravings.
5) I eat smaller portions at meal times.
6) I eat only one helping at meal times.
7) I avoid snacking between meals and before bedtime (if I really need to have a snack, it will be a piee of fruit, or a teeny helping of crackers, or a 100 calorie granola bar).
8) I excercise at least 20 minutes a day.
9) I drink only water (other than the few Pepsi's I mentioned in #3).
10) I ride my bike to the grocery store for one or two items, instead of driving.
11) I parked at the school last night for a meeting, and got there early so I had time to walk to the post office and back.
12) I only have 1 piece of toast and a glass of water for breakfast at work instead of 2 pieces of toast with a cup of hot tea (with more sugar than tea!).
13) I made myself a sign which I put on my pantry door:
So, when I'm tempted to dig into this -- I have encouragement to think before I
And that, my friends, is how I have lost seven pounds in ten days. And that is also how I intend to keep losing weight each and every week until I have reached my goal.