Wednesday, September 10, 2008

what good mama's are made of

Joelle will be a good mother...someday. She has that nurturing quality about her that will make her a natural when the time comes (many, many, m-a-n-y, MANY years from now!!).

She is showing this nurturing and caring side when she leaves me detailed instructions for her baby Hailey every morning before school.

"Don't forget to feed her, Mom. Try around 2 o'clock."

"Make sure she gets a good nap in so she's not so tired."

"If she doesn't settle, just try rocking her okay Mom?"

"If she's really upset, try putting her in her cradle."

And once she's home from school, she always checks up on me to make sure I did my job:

"Did Hailey eat all of her breakfast?"

"Did she have a good nap?"

"Was she fussy, or was she happy while I was gone?"

"Did she miss me?"

"Did you take good care of her for me while I was at school?"

Yes, Joelle will be a good mother...someday. She is already a good 'mother' to her little Hailey -- even while going to school. Now, I've never been a student and a mother at the same time...but I can imagine it's not an easy task.

But Joelle seems up for the challenge. And I'm happy to help her out as best I can. Afterall, isn't that what 'grandmas' are for?

15 comments:

Jenn said...

That is so cute. I like the "try around 2:00" bit.

Krista Nicole said...

What an awesome little girl you have there. That was so cute, even Steve thought so.

jackie said...

Oh, so adorable! I love all the "try this..." She's thought of all the details!

Pam said...

that just might be the sweetest post ever!

pam d said...

She sounds just like me when I leave Annika!

Jody said...

Love it! What a sweetheart. What a compassionate little girl to think about so many details. It really shows insight for her to give so much thought to her "baby" while she herself is experiencing her first days of school.

Amanda said...

That is so cute.

PamJ said...

Grandma!! Wow, are you ready for that title? lol...
very cute!

common mom said...

Every day I read your blog and think that my Princess and Joelle would get along beautifully! Princess is always coddling, cuddling, and caring for her babies.

andrea said...

k, that is super cute! i love all her instructions! sounds like she has had a great example to follow! and yes, you'll be a great grandma...cuz you have a great example to follow too!

Erin said...

that is so cute!! looks like she is a good mom and ur a good granma to the "grand doll"

Sheila said...

That is WAY TOO CUTE!!

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

That's great! My daughter's doll gets thrown in the corner when she's finshed playing with her! LOL!

Xandra

melanie said...

I like her baby's name!

Such a cute story too!!

Tereza said...

that's totally priceless!