Tuesday, September 23, 2008

you know it's been a rough day when...

Today, my poor little miss Malia had 2 accidents on her bike (well...off her bike, really) within the span of 4 short hours. The first time, she was apparantly "going so sast (fast)" that she fell off and somehow did this to her thumb:

And yes, if you're thinking this injury looks rather familiar -- Joelle had the same misfortune back in spring (although that was with a locker door at the swimming pool).

Then, this evening as I was taking the girls for a bike ride -- Malia was going over a BuMpY part on our street, and I saw her teeter and, in what seemed like s-l-o-w-m-o-t-i-o-n, she collapsed onto the pavement, with her bike landing on top of her. But that's not all...oh no -- there's more. She fell into a H-U-G-E puddle on our street (thanks to the never-ending thunderstorm that hit us all night last night). And since kids are magnetically attracted to puddles...well, it all fits together.

And yes...I am the mean Mommy who stops to take pictures before getting her all cleaned up (aww -- come on...you know you do it too!). She was a good sport about it all though.

Let's hope tomorrow is a bit of a better day when it comes to wheelin' around the neighborhood!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww..poor Malia. That purple thumb looks so painful! And yet...when I continued reading and I saw those pictures of her all wet and dirty, I'm sorry, but I burst out laughing. She was sooo cute...and it reminded me of Tracy when she was learning how to ride her bike and she couldn't stear properly, and she drove straight into a ditch full of ice cold water, and I mean ICE literally! In fact, she was wearing a snowsuit! Man, I wish I would have taken a picture of that! But seeing poor little Malia, lol...it just brought back memories big time!

Betty said...

oops...that post wasn't suppose to be anonymous. I clicked on the wrong box.

Pam said...

Aww! Poor girl! Hope tomorrow is a better day!

Pamela said...

Poor girl! man...was that ever some wicked storm last night eh?

andrea said...

wow! she is a good sport! and ouch! thats gotta hurt! poor lil girl! i love those sad-looking-yet trying-to-be-so-brave eyes she gave for your picture! i could just eat her up!!!

Margo said...

Poor sweet Malia! We have a picture of Jess with a thumb exactly like that. SO SO painful! The rest was rather amusing, though. Still feel sorry for her, but she sure is darling!

Regina said...

LOL! Poor thing! I'm sure she thinks that for the family of a blogger pictures are just a part of life!
I hope she had some sweets to make her feel better!!

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Poor babies...but I do the same thing. I've even taken pictures of them while Trevor was fussing at them, just to capture the looks on their faces.

Xandra