Thursday, October 16, 2008

hoop it up!

I have had a lot of positive feedback on my self-portrait post I did earlier this week and some people have expressed interest in doing something similar themselves.

Know what I say to that? Let's 'hoop it up!' Some of you may not know that on my blog, I use the word 'hoopla' instead of 'meme' because...well, because I just like it better. So I'm turning this self-portrait idea into a hoopla.

The rules are simple: Post a picture of yourself (if you're one of those bloggers who prefers to keep pictures off of their site, maybe just post a picture of a part of yourself -- your eyes or something...or even a picture that represents something about you).

Then create a post of things that tell us who you are. It can be in the form of a poem -- rhyming or otherwise -- or just a list, or whatever. The format isn't important. Just be creative.

So now I need to 'high-five' (or 'tag') people to play along to get this thing going. The more the merrier, so here it goes:

(the names aren't linked yet, 'cause I don't have time right now -- but you know who you are!)

Jenn
Roo
Sheila
Jamie (private)
Leeann
Melanie
Pam

Mamarazzi
PamJ (private)
Tammi
Tammy
Jen (private)
Common Mom
Erin (Keeping Track of Erin)
Erin (Fully Alive)
Louise
Andrea

MamaGeek

Yes, the list is long -- but what better way to kick off a hoopla? So...what are you waiting for? Hoop it up!!

5 comments:

Pam said...

I will play along- just not sure when. I will get to it as soon as I can but life continues to be crazy busy right now. Fun hoopla though!

Mamarazzi said...

yikes! as i was reading i was thinking, "please don't five me, please don't five me".

but i think deep down i woulda been a little sad if you hadn't

soooooooooo....

i wil play this weekend i have a whole post dediated to other tags.

Louise said...

Okay I will play too!!When I post it I will let you know....I am a little nervous I am NOT a good 'writer' like that...okay HOOPLA!!

Leeann said...

I played. Sorta. Yours came out better.

Erin said...

I finally did it!! It took some good hard thinking but it is finally done. Thanks for giving me this opportunity!!