Wednesday, October 22, 2008

hubba bubba



Today I had the privilege of being the parent volunteer in Joelle's kindergarten class -- my first time.

Aside from the mountains of photocopying that I did for the teacher, I also got to be in the classroom and see a lot of what my daughter does in her mornings at school.

Joelle had been looking forward to this day when I would be in her class, but I wasn't sure exactly how she would react when it actually came time for me to enter into her classroom; her own little world.

It was a wonderful greeting I received, however, as the moment she laid eyes on me she came running up to me with a h-u-g-e grin on her face and lept into my arms for a hug and a kiss.

I am so happy that she is still at the age where she doesn't get embarrassed to show affection to her dear ol' Mom in front of all of her friends.



And I choose to believe that it will remain that way for all time.

Go ahead -- burst my bubble. I dare you!

11 comments:

Krista said...

Man if I knew you were at school this morning Joelle's teacher and I could have talked about you at our meeting this afternoon.

I don't have kids so I will let your bubble live on.

Kellan said...

I think you are a great mom and it WILL be this way FOR ALL TIME!! What a darling picture - really great!

Take care - Kellan

Melanie said...

Maybe it will last for all time. When I taught pre-k some kids were already embarrassed... so I think that means that Joelle isn't one of those kids!

common mom said...

It will be this way always and forever :-) Especially if you let HER do the schmoozing. There's nothing better than having your kid run up to you :-)

My 8 year old son still gives me a kiss and a hug at the bus stop . . . but NEVER does this happen where the "guys" are . . . that's OK, though. We've got our own secret "I love you" that we do when the guys are around. I LOVE it!

Mamarazzi said...

it WILL last forever. what you pay attention to GROWS...this will too. trust me i know.

Sheila said...

So cute! And I'm scared for the day when my boys are "too cool" to kiss or hug mommy! But I'm pretty hopeful (like yourself) that my boys will skip that phase!

amy said...

what a very very sweet post.Glad you had fun

Roo said...

awwwww
sweet andrea! i am 12 and 14 years older then my youngest sisters. i was always their IDOL. they wanted me to do EVERYTHING i did. i was the sun and the moon in their eyes.

AND THEN....they became teenagers. ahhh.
i was in such distress as they suddenly realised that i was not actually very cool at all.

it was a hard moment for me to handle.

but then....those years passed. i never regained the status i held when they were children...but now we are the best of friends.

i like being buddies with them.

your joelle is sweet. xo

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

There's NO WAY, NO HOW I'm bursting THAT priceless bubble. What an awesome moment to hit pause on, eh?

Kathy and Carl said...

What a great experience. I'm hoping that soon I can volunteer in Joel or Kezia's class. To have a little glimpse in to their school world would be so great. And it was so special that Joelle was thrilled you were there. Awesome.

Louise said...

Ahh that is sweet and I agree IT WILL BE this way for ALL time!!
HUGS