Tuesday, October 21, 2008

if it's gonna take me down...

There's nothing we can do about it...winter is on its way. We can fight it; we can deny it; we can lock ourselves in our bedrooms' we can cover our ears and sing "la la la la la la la" at the top of our voices; we can pretend we are naive to the fact -- but that doesn't change anything.

Around these parts, it's not uncommon to have snow by Halloween (Yikes! That's only a week and a half away!), and from there it's all downhill. So needless to say, we are down to mere days and that just down-right sucks!

In preparation for this coming season, I spoiled myself with some new -- but much-needed -- outdoor attire. First up is this vest. I have never owned one before, but always thought they were so cool. So now finally I have my very own (and just watch -- now they'll be out of style!). I have worn it almost every day since I got it and I just love it.

Then, I got myself this down-filled winter coat in a beautiful brown color. I love the fur-lined hood too. And of course I got a scarf-and-mitten accessories. I also got some brown boots (which I didn't take a picture of). Here is a picture of just the items so you can see the colors better against the floor...


...and here is the picture of me wearing the lovely ensemble. Have I mentioned how much I love the hood?


Now, it could be argued that this last item isn't really a necessary part of my winter outer-wear. But I beg to differ. Doesn't a new season a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y require a new bag?? Yeah, I thought so too!


These new purchases don't make me more excited for the un-stoppable future that is just around the corner...but at least if winter is gonna take me down -- I'm gonna go down in style!

**speaking of winter -- please don't forget that I will be launching this year's Winter Activity Menu Challenge on November 1st. Start collecting ideas to keep yourself (and your family) occupied this winter to have a better chance of avoiding the winter blues**

6 comments:

Krista Nicole said...

Love your new purchases!! Especially the purse. Good call. I especially like the button detail.

You'll be a hot snow bunny this year!

Roo said...

sweet parka andrea! you will stay toasty warm. :)

ValleyGirl said...

I love that parka! Very cute!!

I ALMOST bought a fall vest/jacket ensemble and a new parka the other day, too. I might still ~ I can't stop thinking about them. That's a BAD sign. And I desperately need new boots, too.

andrea said...

you look hot! ( literally!) in fashion and warm...now that's cool! i had a maternity vest but no vest for my soft middle!...very nice!

Kathy and Carl said...

What is with you and all your stylish clothes? I though parkas were suppose to make us look like the donut man, not some hot chica! For pity's sake Andrea, stop looking so good! Arg! :)

Joanna said...

Well you'll be the best looking snowbunny. Ca-yute!