Friday, October 31, 2008

the princess and the pea kitten

I love Halloween. Not to the point where we go all out with decorations and all that (in fact, the only Halloween decoration we have -- and it's not even ready yet -- is our carved pumpkin), but I love seeing the kids dressed up in their cute costumes.

I am definitely not a fan of any of the 'darker' costumes for kids -- like ghosts, goblins, witches, etc. or the tasteless displays of graveyards and such. But the cutesy costumes, and the really creative ones are such a blast to see. I remember one year my sister went as a razor. And I had the suggestion this year to be gum at the bottom of a shoe -- where you drape a pink sheet around yourself and attach a shoe to your head. How fun is that?? (I haven't decided yet for sure what I will be, but you can be sure there will be pictures of that later on this weekend.)

But for now...here are pictures of my daughters in their costumes. Malia had her pre-school party yesterday and she was an adorable princess. What prince wouldn't want to dance with her at the ball?

And today is Joelle's party at school. Here she is in all of her kitty-glory. Oh, but she's not just any kitten. Their theme at school today was fairy tales/nursery rhymes -- so, thanks to Jenn's creative idea, her and two of her best friends went as "the three little kittens who lost their mittens", hence the mittens attached to her back.



I hope you all have a happy Halloween and don't get a sugar high from all the candy!

10 comments:

andrea said...

what a great idea! I like Joelle's costume(X3)...simply creative!
were there any princes among the pre-school yesterday? cuz this princess was stunning!
btw...i am so with you about the gross decorations...YUCK! in my opinion!

pam d said...

Cute! I love Halloween too, for the dressing up (not so much for the other stuff). Can't wait to see what you dress up as!

mealnie said...

I agree- we do the cute stuff for costumes too. And your girls are adorable!!

amy said...

these pics are too cute

Pam said...

I'm with you- I love seeing the kids all dressed up and in fun costumes- but I don't like the darker costumes. There is just no need for that. Your girls look adorable!!

Roo said...

awww cutie cakes!

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

What a cute idea for the kittens! They are both adorable!

Xandra

Kathy and Carl said...

What great costumes. Sounds like the girls had a good time. Can't wait to see your costume.

Our kids dressed up in their costumes from last year; insisted that they still fit and it was better to re-use them. Ha ha!

Louise said...

Your girls are SOOOO cute!!!
oh yeah gross decorations...ICK ICK !!

Joanna said...

Those are some ca-yute pictures.