Wednesday, October 15, 2008

self-portrait

This is me...

Wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend
Pepsi-aholic, computer-aholic, purse-aholic

Blue eyes, slightly over-weight, blonde hair (which changes from time to time)
Nail-biter, piano player, wanna-be writer

A fan of Killer Bunnies, "Friends" and going out to eat
I hate milk, onions and mustard

I've never been an ex-girlfriend, a fan of heavy metal music, or a flowergirl
I don't drink, smoke or dance

I believe in love at first sight
I believe in God
I believe that life is not black and white

I used to be a soap-opera watcher, a receptionist and a piano teacher
I've worn glasses since I was in grade 6

I love the Ellen show, chips & salsa and Boston Pizza
I've been a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio since he was on "Growing Pains"

I love shopping, reading and getting my hair done
And I'm a huge fan of Skype (we miss you, DeeDee!)

I'm on anti-depressants and I'm trying to drink less Pepsi
I love to laugh and eat flavoured pop corn

Football is my favorite sport and Subway makes my favorite sandwiches
I don't believe in UFO's, abortions or using the Lord's name in vain

I'm scared of thunderstorms, flying and eventually having teenagers
I enjoy baking but can't stop myself from eating all of it

I brush my teeth twice a day and I can't nap without ruining the coming night
I always wanted a baby sister, a window seat and straight hair

I used to wish for twins, but now I know better
My dogs' names used to be Trixie, Bandit and Oliver

I don't know anything about politics, or cars or what it's like to have a son
I wish I were thinner, stronger and a morning person

I believe that children should be seen AND heard
And I think Keanu Reeves is a bad actor

I will never have an indoor pet, or try to grow out my hair yet again
I love how every woman looks good in their wedding dress

I could never be a contestant on "Survivor" but I'd do good on "Wheel of Fortue"
I think Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston should get back together

I am dreading winter but I have faith that I will make it through
I hate bad hair days, coffee, and cancer

This is me...

14 comments:

Erin said...

That was really good Andrea! Very good portrait of yourself and super creative : )

andrea said...

and that's why I love you! loved this post! made me laugh, think, remember the ol times, and why we are so compatible!

PamJ said...

I love learning more about you and also how we are alike! I want Brad and Jen back together too :)

Margo said...

Love it! One more similarity between us - the napping thing.

jackie said...

that was super cool, andrea!!! it was all just so YOU. you know yourself well. i want to do one for myself now... but then it wouldn't be as cool anymore, would it?

Louise said...

That was AWESOME...way to go!!

And I must say I can't believe you don't like Milk and Coffee my two MOST favorite drinks!! LOL

I agree about Brad and Jen!!
Great read!
Hugs to you!

common mom said...

FUN! Excellent - and creative - I loved reading it :-)

Mamarazzi said...

so many reasons to love you.

i loved reading this. i wish i could write like you do.

Jody said...

I always wanted a window seat too... Beautiful writing and insight into yourself.

Joanna said...

That was neat. I was nodding my head with a lot of them.

Jenn said...

I'm with Jackie, I want to do one too! You always have such great ideas. I didn't know you are a nail biter. And Wheel of Fortune? Really? I didn't know that. I want to be a contestant on there too!

melanie said...

That was amazing!!

I'm scared of those teenage years too. And I want Brad and Jen back together too.

Kathy and Carl said...

Boston Pizza, chicken fingers and caesar salad, laugh till you pee, look you straight in the eye, that's what I think about when I think about you. Oh, and all your great clothes and how when you listen to someone, you make them feel like they are the most important person in the world.

Cindy said...

I love this post.
You could be a writer.
And I'd do good on "Wheel of Fortune" too!