Friday, November 21, 2008

activity menu challenge: update #1

I know I forgot to remind you all that it's time for the first update on our Winter Activity Menu Challenge...but here is my update, nonetheless.

I did pretty good with sticking to my menu, especially for it being right at the start of the challenge -- although I still have plenty of room to improve!

One thing that I found it difficult to do was to play outside with the kids. We usually have a lot of snow by this time of the year, but for some reason whenever we get a light dusting of the white stuff, it melts within a day. But it's still cold enough that the girls need to be bundled up in ski pants and everything, so they are too bulky for riding bikes. And our trampoline is taken down for the winter. But with no snow to roll around in...well, the girls just think it's boring. And I don't blame them.





But we did do a few fun crafts (which I will plan for more of, since they are always a big hit). One of the things we did was make these butterflies out of toilet paper rolls.
And yesterday was Baking Time, so me and the girls baked the world's best peanut-butter- chocolate-chip cookies. We had beautiful Christmas music playing in the background, and just had a really good time together.

Then today was Visit a Friend day -- so we took some of our newly baked cookies on our way in to the city and stopped by to visit a friend going through a rough time.

There were still things on my calendar that we didn't do -- like have company over, and cook a meal together with the kids to name a few. But now I get to try again for the next two weeks.
Here is what my new calendar looks like (click on it to see it larger):

Last week I only had 2 participants -- so I'm looking for at least 3 this time...wanna play?



7 comments:

Heather @ Not a DIY Life said...

I love the butterfly craft! Ladybug is just starting to use crayons, so that is our main art activity right now. And we've been outside playing in the leaves most days. Can't stay outside for too long, as we're Southerners and have thin blood.

melanie said...

Hailey was so sick for the last 2 weeks that we didn't really do any of our plans. It's starting out just like last year and I am DEPRESSED thinking it could turn out as lonely as it was then! I haven't posted yet, but I will.

Pam said...

Sounds like you did a great job! I have to get my post up yet- I'm working on it, but my internet is running slow.....I will get it up though!

Rebecca said...

The butterfly craft is cute, I may have to borrow that idea! It's too cold out to play much, I'm looking forward to snow coming.

MoziEsmé said...

I love this idea! And the photo calendar is perfect! I'd love to play, but we're in the middle of packing and going a little crazy from that. So our menu would be packing and sitting in packing boxes and emptying packing boxes every day!

Regina said...

The butterflies are sooo cute and the cookies look delicious!

Mamarazzi said...

cute little beeter lickers!!

i seriously want cookies now!!

i left you a little love over at my place.

you. are. welcome.