Friday, November 7, 2008

and so it begins

Somehow it seems fitting that right when the official launch of my 2nd annual Winter Activity Menu Challenge begins, we are in the middle of a winter storm warning. Fitting? Yes. Fun? Not so much.

But alas, the season is upon us and it is up to us to make the best of it. Will it be long? Yes. Will it be challenging? Most definitely. Will we be victorious? I believe we will.

I am excited for how I am planning to get through my winter, with the chart I revealed to you a few days ago. For the big debut of this year's challenge, I have carefully thought out and re-arranged my colored activity tabs to best suit my coming 2 weeks.

Now, we picked Friday to do our 'reports' but I made my calendar starting on a Sunday so it might make things a bit confusing. But I am officially starting to follow my planned activities starting this coming Sunday. You can do yours however it works best for you. Also -- some of you may want to only specify activies for Monday-Friday, leaving the weekends to just let things happen.


Just a tip when you are making your own menus...consider what your week already contains, and work around that. For instance, I work every Monday -- so by the time I get home and feed the girls (which goes a lot faster, due to the fact that my wonderful and amazing Mom sends supper home with me when I pick up Malia)...it isn't much longer until it's time to get the girls ready for bed. So I made sure that on those days I picked a simpler activity -- like having a dance party, and reading books together.

And I made sure to keep the Family Movie Nights for the weekends when Les is more likely to be home, and where the girls can stay up a bit later than normal.



(You can click on the picture to see it enlarged so that you can actually see what I all have planned for what days.)

Please join me in this attempt to once again conquer the 'winter blues' and keep ourselves motivated. Make sure you visit the other partipants to get new ideas from them, and to offer encouragement. You may even meet someone who you really hit it off with -- as I did with Pam when she joined the challenge last year. Sign up with Mr. Linky, leaving the link to your Activity Menu post, and make sure you spread the word on your blog and come back again in 2 weeks to do it all again!

Winter...Consider yourself Challenged!

7 comments:

andrea said...

i love that idea! i want to start hosting more...once my kiddos are better and baking, making snowman, and starting a girls night out!

melanie said...

I'm so glad you're doing this again this year! I really need it. I can't wait to see the creative ideas everyone has.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oooh, what a clever idea! I need all the tips I can get!

Kellan said...

What a great idea and plan! It is still in the high 80s here - when is WINTER GOING TO COME TO TEXAs?

Have a good weekend - Kellan

Pam said...

I'm not ready for winter and I can feel my mood slipping down. So I am ready for the extra help in fighting the winter blues. I got my post up finally. I'm glad you are doing this again.

Louise said...

THat is a great idea!!

Sharon Brumfield said...

I am so glad you stopped by..it has been a long time.
It was nice coming over and seeing you cheery face...I am sure you have been told that before.(Wow, I am rereading this and it sounds really corny..but I am going to leave it because you just might need to hear it.) :)
Anyway, how cool that your mom cooks dinner for you on Monday nights..that is really sweet.

Since I have talked to you last we have moved to an area that gets some snow..yeah! We don't get as much as you do....so I hope that it will be fun for us. But I will keep this in mind when the weather gets cold and we can not get out as much.
You are very organized....keep up the good work.i am usually really great at starting things but then I let them slip. Yes, kind of like a diet. Ha! ;)