Sunday, November 30, 2008

if only everyone had such a friend

"I will never, ever eat my friend!" was confidently and un-waveringly voiced by Joelle this morning.
So anybody who considers yourself a friend of Joelle's -- you can breathe easy as you have her personal guarantee that she does not eat her friends. :)


The 'friend' she was specifically refering to is this orange-and-red gummy worm that she recently acquired when we went out to eat this weekend.

Normally she devours these types of goodies with no second thoughts to the abrupt end of a very short 'friendship', but for some reason she has taken quite a liking to this particularl slimy treat and has decided to prolong its life -- indefinitely.

Oh yes, she is adament that this 'friend' will be with her always. She pretends to feed it, put it to sleep, brush its teeth...you name it, she pretends it.

And this morning when she announced to me that her worm friend (whom she has named "Wormy Snowflake" with our family name attached to the end of it) was sick, I suggested that maybe she should just eat him then.

And that was when she spoke up in strong defense of good ol' Wormy Snowflake, declaring her unconditional devotion to keep him alive and well.

F.O.R.E.V.E.R.

11 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Until the next time she's hungry anyway!! ;)

Louise said...

Too cute ;)

andrea said...

gotta love her devotion...it's a big, crazy world out there but it's nice that she has a strong constant in her life...
and i'd love to be her friend!

Rebecca said...

Does she watch Sesame Street? With all of that talking food and everything that talks I felt bad for eating my food as a little kid. And I thought all of the furniture & toys played games when I left my room too. Good thing I grew outta that huh? ;)

Pam said...

That is too funny! In a week or two when he is all fuzzy and gross- then you need to post a pic again!

Mamarazzi said...

THAT is seriously the sweetest thing EVAH!!

Kathy and Carl said...

Whew! That worm is awfully lucky to have a friend like Joelle. How cute.

p.s. it's Dec. 1st, where are your Christmas socks?!

amy said...

that is cute!!!

PamJ said...

So good to know she is a great friend! Love the idea about a new picture of wormy snowflake as time goes by :)

Kelly said...

Someone gave Lyndsy a plastic fishing worm this summer. We still have it! Did she eat it yet, I'm a few days behind in my reader!

melanie said...

That is sooo cute!! I love the things they say at this age.