Sunday, December 28, 2008

i may be walking in a winter wonderland...

(The picture is from last year, but you get the general idea...)

But I'd rather be walking in a summer wonderland...

Wearing capri's, a tank top and flip-flops...

Sitting on a lawn chair in the sun...

With a book in one hand and an ice cold Pepsi in the other...

Watching my kids jump on the trampoline...

Or playing in the wading pool...

While working on my tan...

In my summer wonderland.

Sigh...how long till those summer days? Too long, I'm afraid.

(For those of you who know me pretty much at all -- you will know how odd it is that I am dreaming about summer. I've never been a fan of winter either, but I've always just been in a hurry for spring not summer. What can I say -- never say never!)

7 comments:

Pam said...

You and me both! I'm ready for winter to be over. At least we made it past the turning point and the days are getting longer now- even though it is still winter.

andrea said...

i know you! and I never would have ever thought that you would say this! but thankfully, we are allowed to change our opinions without having it held against us! summer would be nice...who knows, you may even discover a warm paradise in winter....never say never! (our kids probably help us change our ideals!)

Kathy and Carl said...

Sigh, you're too cold and I'm too hot. Well, let's compromise and meet on a beach in Cuba next week; it's half way and I doubt it'll be too hot or cold! You bring the snacks, I'll bring the drinks...:)

amy said...

ok thanks for making me smile this year

Kelly said...

I'm a fall fan myself but I'm jealous that you get snow. We used to get snow but the last 2 years something must have changed and now we get inches and inches of ICE! Not fun!

Pamela said...

I am ready for summer too!

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

I thought about you yesterday when I saw a woman in a parking lot wearing a sleeveless blouse, capris and flip-flops. I'll just keep wishing this weather your way!

Xandra