Wednesday, December 10, 2008

joelle's spelling bee

I love it when kids learn something new. Even if it's something that seems obvious to us as adults -- it's a brand new discovery for them and they are proud as punch to have realized this new thing.

Joelle had such an occasion just a few minutes ago.

She came up to me with a h-u-g-e grin on her face, her eyes lit up like Christmas lights.

"Mom! Mom!" she exclaimed with a very high excitement level. "Do you know how to spell DVD?...It's D...(pause)...V...(pause)"... (wait for it)... "D!" Wow, did she ever look triumphant!

I was giggling on the inside, but on the outside I was very proud of her for figuring that out. All by herself!

9 comments:

Pam said...

Yeah! I'm so proud of her! To them- it is a word and they don't realize when they say it, they are spelling it. So - yeah for Joelle! How fabulous!!

Roo said...

aww! what a moment.

TammyIsBlessed said...

That is TOO cute!

Erin said...

How cute is that?

ValleyGirl said...

Sheer brilliance! Tell her her uncle is still trying to figure out how to write it...

Margo said...

That is SO great!! I just love it! She's still beaming in the picture!

Rebecca said...

Too cute! LOL

common mom said...

Yay! I love it when they figure out stuff like that.

And I wish Princess could hang out with Joelle . . . she asked me how to spell TV . . . I told her TV . . .she said ya how do you spell that . . . I said I just told you - TV - then she got all mad becuase i didnt understand her question . . . I got all mad because she didn't understand my answer . . . so we let it go until we got home . . . she asked her brother how to spell TV . . . he said T . . . V . . . she was all thankful and happy for that and wondered why I didnt' just say that.

Sheesh! So please, let her hang out with Joelle to save my sanity ;-)

Sheila said...

Haha, that is just WAY too adorable!!