Tuesday, December 23, 2008

'merry Christmas' hoopla!

Sheila tagged me for this Christmas hoopla a little while ago...I finally got around to doing it!

Have you been naughty or nice this year?
Nice, of course!!


What do you want most for Christmas?
Gift-wise...I don't have one specific thing I want the most -- but some of my top picks are the "Twilight" book series, more Killer Bunnies booster packs, earrings (since I just got my ears pierced for the first time a few weeks ago) and a new pair of pajamas.


What is your favorite food at Christmas?
All the snacking...chocolates, chips, cookies, oranges...it's all good!


Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?
Well, considering that it is already December 23rd (and I slacked off on doing this meme...sorry Sheila!), yes I have started. I actually broke a personal record this year by starting before the end of October...that has n-e-v-e-r happened before.


Have you finished your Christmas shopping yet?
Again, given the fact that it is already December 23rd, yes I am finished. I officially finished last weekend.

What is your favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night (the Point of Grace version is my particular favorite)


What is your favorite Christmas movie?
Believe it or not, I haven't seen any of the classics like "Miracle on 34th Street" or "A Christmas Carol" so my favorite is probably "Christmas with the Kranks."


What is your best memory of Christmas?
The year we went to Ontario to visit my grandparents.

What do you look forward to most at Christmas?
Breaking out the Christmas music that has been collecting dust over the year!

What are you doing for Christmas this year?
Just the usual....family gathering after family gathering.


Who do you want to kiss under the mistletoe?
My hubby, of course!


What kind of Christmas tree do you have?
We have a real one. Decorated mostly on the bottom, thanks to the 'help' of the girls. :)


Do you take part in a secret santa?
Les' siblings always draw names and keep it a secret, although we don't actually call it "Secret Santa."


Do you go to any Christmas parties?
Not really, other than just family gatherings.

Have you ever had a white Christmas?
For me the question should be "Have you ever NOT had a white Christmas?" And the answer to that one would be YES!! The one year we spent Christmas in Mexico visiting my relatives.

How early do you wake up on Christmas morning?
The girls will likely wake up around 7:30 but we will send them downstairs to watch TV until we decide to drag ourselves out of bed...which will likely not be before 8:30. They're still young enough to have a bit of patience for opening their gifts, which is lucky for us! I'm sure the years are right around the corner where they will be dragging us out of bed before the crack of dawn!


Do you still get a stocking?
Yes. We didn't do stockings when we were little, but the tradition was started sometime during high school, and we still do it. And this year is the first year we are doing it at home with our own little family.


How many Christmas cards do you normally send out?
I don't usually do Christmas cards (gasp!), but every couple of years I send out a family picture. This was one of those years, and I got 120 of them printed (but not all sent out yet...oops!).


What is your Christmas wish?
That everybody is healthy! No stomach flu please!!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Awesome! I hope you had a Wonderful Christmas!

Pamela said...

I saw on facebook that you did get both of the things you mentioned you wanted. (It still counts if YOU bought the Twilight book set) Thanks for blogging about the killer bunnies game, we bought it as our family game this year and have already played it a bunch of times. Thanks