Wednesday, January 14, 2009

29 and never been pierced...until now!

I don't know if you can notice a difference between this picture and most of the other pictures of me that have ever been displayed on my blog -- but I now have my ears pierced.

I got it done -- for the first time ever -- in early December. Six weeks ago tomorrow, to be exact.

I would've been allowed to do it on my 13th birthday (that was the house rule), but I chickened out. And ever since then, the thought has just never really crossed my mind.

Until one day six weeks ago when I made the spontaneous decision while on my way to a nearby shopping mall. I don't know what made me suddenly decide to take the plunge, but before I knew it I was sitting in the ear-piercing chair getting holes put into my ear lobes.

I have been regulary cleaning them and anxiously anticipating the date that I can take them out and replace them with f-u-n earrings.

And no, I'm not that much of a stickler that I would normally wait e-x-a-c-t-l-y the full six weeks -- in fact, I was really tempted to change them when my girlfriends took me out on Saturday night.

BUT...it just so happens that tomorrow -- when my six weeks are officially up -- is also my birthday. So I decided that it would be a special way to celebrate.

Now the only problem is...which earrings do I wear? The ones I picked out for myself, the ones Les bought for me, the ones Joelle picked out for me, OR the ones Malia picked out for me?

Maybe I'll just change them every few hours so I get to experience them all!

11 comments:

Pam said...

Well- first- I stopped by to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You can imagine me singing to you and giving you a great big hug! Enjoy your day!

Yeah on the earrings! Good for you for doing something fun for yourself and enjoying things a bit!

Margo said...

Yup, that's a good plan - change them every few hours!! Again - have a GREAT birthday!!!

ValleyGirl said...

Sounds like a good strategy! It'll be like getting ready to go to a new birthday party every couple of hours!!

andrea said...

Happy birthday! what the birthday girl wants, the birthday girl gets...change your look thru out the day! Now maybe you'll want to change your outfits too then!!!

Amanda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Yeah for getting your ears pierced. Enjoy your day.

Kathy and Carl said...

Whoohoo! Good for you. How exciting! I'm liking Andrea's idea, change the earrings and the outfits throughout the day.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend (and fellow capricorn)!

I love it when we can still surprise ourselves, no matter our age.

Sheila said...

Tough decision!! I'd go with your plan on changing them throughout the day! Then everyone wins!

Happy Birthday!

Leeann said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Andrea....Happy birthday to YOU!
Sung totally off-key.

Pamela said...

Happy Birthday Andrea! Hope your day was awesome :) Can't wait to see all of your new ear bling!

Kelly said...

Congrats! THey look great!