Thursday, January 8, 2009

5...4...3...2...1...

Today I stopped by our local Christian bookstore during one of their monthly sales, where I found this handy (slightly damaged) parenting book for the low, low price of $3.

And based on the kind of day I had today with my two little munchkins, I couldn't have snagged it up at a better time!

Now, my question is...if today is Thursday and I put the ideas into practice immediately -- will I truly get my desired results by tomorrow? Afterall, the book does say "by Friday."

Okay, okay -- so there is the (not-so) fine print that I can't ignore: "How to change your child's attitude, behaviour and character in 5 days."

I suppose even 5 days would be a pretty satisfactory result -- but after today, it still seems like 4 days too many....

7 comments:

andrea said...

oh you have the book! it's on my list! I have heard from several people that it works like a charm. I listened to James Dobson a couple weeks ago, and Dr. kevin Leman was on. He just made sense. Common sense! I can't wait to read it myself! But hey, 4 days seems so much better than 4 more years! right?

Rebecca said...

I'm curious to see how it works, are you going to post updates & a review in 5 days to share with us how it works out for you? Overall my kids do pretty well but we're definitely in the middle of a power struggle.

ValleyGirl said...

I've heard good things about this book, too. I hope it will provide the answers and strategies you're looking for ~ and in the advertised time-frame! That's pretty incredible!! I hope you'll share the outcome.

PamJ said...

good luck with that!!

Erin said...

Funny, I just saw this at Wal-Mart today. But considering today is Friday, figured it wouldn't be worth the time! :)
Maybe you could do a review on it for us???

Kelly said...

That's funny! I just picked my girls up from the babysitter and they both self destructed each other. Jillian bit Lyndsy, Lyndsy was grouchy to everyone. So if this book offers suggestions. Pass them on!

Jamie said...

Oh, I've had two of those days in the row! I've read some of Kevin Leman's books, I enjoyed them! You'll have to share with us what you've learned.