Tuesday, January 6, 2009

challenge: denied

After a lot of consideration, I have decided to cancel the Winter Activity Menu Challenge, due to lack of participation.

I'm not giving up on the idea of it -- but I am canceling the blogging end of it.

For those of you who were participating along with me -- thank you so much! And for those of you who may have been keeping it in the back of your mind for when you needed an idea here and there -- I'm glad for that too.

I will continue to personally put into practice the ideas and activities that I have come up with, but there will be no more updates. No more Mr. Linky's.

Farewell, Activity Menu Challenge. Farewell...

5 comments:

Pam said...

Well, I'm sorry to see it go, because, well, in all honesty- it is how we met! So it was a nice reminder every two weeks of how you and I connected and the friendship that came from it! But I completely understand- after all, I dropped Random Recipes because no one was doing it and it was too much work on my end for no one playing along.

I will continue the idea and trying to think of some activities each week to do with the kids. Thanks for the idea and the tips to get through winter.

melanie said...

I understand! I had to do that with my Meme Monday too. People stopped playing along and it wasn't fun for me anymore. So, I totally understand.

Jenna said...

i had no idea what it was...i am new around here...and i was a bit confused about it...sorry it wasnt working out...how disappointing.

Mamarazzi said...

oh my goodness i totally understand and respect your decision.

i am trying to get back into the whole bloggy loop after taking a little time off. i have dumped my google reader and have decided to cut WAY back on my blog jogging and start jogging (ok walking faster) for real. SOOOO i am only going to visit people who visit me. life is busy so i know that those who don't visit understand and won't be sad or hurt if i don't visit them. you are so good about coming by to say hello...this is my promise to do better about commenting here! HUGS!

Regina said...

So sorry you had to cancel it, I know how much work you put into it.
As blogs grow and the readership changes it is often necessary to change things. I found that blogging is a lot like pruning trees or weeding gardens, you pull some stuff out to make room for other stuff to grow!!
Keep doing what you do!
Oh, by the way...
Happy New Year to you and yours, abundant blessings for 2009!!