Sunday, January 4, 2009

how i rang in the new year

A friend of mine came home for the holidays from her year-long teaching job in Egypt. This is what she brought to our little new year's shin-dig last week from her far-away home.

Cola Jell-O. From Egypt. I have to admit, I was hesitant to try it -- since I am not one for trying new things. But after a few people tasted it and said it actually tasted like Coke, I gave it a shot.

It definitely isn't my favorite kind of Jell-O (I wouldn't be able to have more than a few bites at a time), but now I can say that I have eaten something that came from Egypt.

And that just may be the most exciting thing I can say about any of my new year's experiences to date.

6 comments:

Kathy and Carl said...

You crazy girl, you! Livin' on the edge. Well, the jello sounds interesting....My brother in law said that the food in Egypt isn't that great, so I bet you just experienced one of the finer cuisines of that region. Next, India!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Seriously, I think I'm in love with that idea. I need me some of THAT!

Oh wait, do they make a diet cola jello version? :)

Wishing you a very happy and healthy new year!

Sheila said...

That's different! You're way more on the adventurous side for New Year's than I was! I slept through all the fun...headaches do that to ya! :(

Pam said...

I have never even heard of that. Would you eat it (more of it) if it was PEPSI jello?? :)

Kelly said...

hmmmm does it taste like those little cola bottle looking gummy candies? That's what I'm thinking.

andrea said...

i can't even imagine! may this mean lots of fun surprises, friendships and laughter this upcoming year!