Monday, January 12, 2009

let them eat cake...or at least let them try

On the weekend, 3 of my girlfriends from town took me to the Big City for an early birthday outing.

After we went to see a movie ("Bride Wars" with Kate Hudson -- which I totally recommend!), we headed to my favorite restaurant -- Boston Pizza -- for a very late supper where we all ordered big meals, including appetizers.

And of course even though we were all stuffed, we couldn't pass up mentioning that it was my birthday so we could get the FREE dessert (hey...three out of the four of us are Mennonites -- we really didn't stand a chance)!

We gave it a good shot -- but even with all 4 of us making an effort, we left the dessert unfinished at our table. It was sad, really...but I wouldn't have been able to have another bite (don't worry...this is the picture at the beginning of our attempt, not the end).

Okay, okay...and in good spirit, here is the video that Pam took of me as some of the BP staff sang Happy Birthday to me while I was standing on top of my booth seat. Not my finest moment, since I get very nervous when I'm the center of attention -- not to mention that the camera angle is far from flattering. But since I'm usually fine with laughing at myself, here it is for your viewing pleasure: (you! are! welcome!)

video

And just because I now feel the urge to slightly redeem myself -- this is a more accurate picture of how I looked that night. Phew...that feels better!

13 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Looks and sounds like a lot of fun!

andrea said...

fun and yum! and you do look fabulous!

Kelly said...

MMMMMM I think I could eat that whole dessert right now! You look great BTW!

Sheila said...

Oh Andrea, I couldn't help but giggle at this post! You're so cute!!
It looks like you had a great evening!

And you look faaaaabulous, da'ling!!

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

That dessert looks delish! Happy early Birthday!!

Xandra

Pamela said...

Looks like you had a great time out! What a fun way to celebrate! BTW I was out with your sister tonight and I think you have the same black shirt/wrap!

amy said...

Glad you had such a good time

Rebecca said...

OH that cake looks delicious! Glad you had a fun night! =]

Pam said...

you looked beautiful and I loved hearing your laugh! I am glad you had a good time!

TammyIsBlessed said...

What fun! Girls nights out are the best!

Kathy and Carl said...

That was hilarious. Mmmm..BP what a great way to celebrate. And I for one, LOVED the video. Hahahahaha. You looked great that evening....only two more days to go!

common mom said...

Looks like a blast . . . and oh the dessert - YUMMY!!!

And Happy Birthday :-)

Jamie said...

Happy birthday! Glad you could get out and have fun!