Thursday, January 8, 2009

my message to january 15th, 2009

As you can tell from the above ticker, in seven short sleeps I will be turning 30 years young.
And I'm okay with that.

Sure, I make the expected comments, sighs and groans that make me seem upset -- or even depressed -- about this milestone birthday...afterall, isn't that an unspoken rule or something?

But truth be told, I don't feel any aprehension or dismay about this fast approaching birthday. I still feel young, I still look young, I still act young (well, other than moments like this, that is)...and that's what matters.

Exhibit A: This picture was taken a couple of months ago. Does this woman in the picture look like she's on the verge of turning thirty?


Exhibit B: This self-portrait was taken just this morning after my latest haircut. Does the woman in this picture look like she's a mere week away from turning thirty?



Maybe I look my age and maybe I don't. But my point is...I have three words to say to my 30th birthday; to January 15, 2009. And they are....

BrInG! iT! oN!

6 comments:

andrea said...

you really are beautiful! and not wrinkle to be found! but in all seriousness, Bring It On!!! just hot and sexy!!!

Pam said...

YOu have a great attitude about your birthday! You go Girl!

Rebecca said...

You look great! I love the new hair do! I'm nervous about 30 and still just over 3 years away. Maybe as I get closer I'll be mature enough to not freak out. ;)

Erin said...

You go girl!! Not only do you NOT look 30, but you are facing it with a great attitude. You rock.

Kelly said...

Bring it on! You look great and your positive attitude says it all! Happy almost birthday

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

I love getting older. I love every line, every wrinkle and every bit of wisdom I obtain with each passing year. I don't mourn my youth...I embrace each passing year like a badge of honor...

Xandra