Wednesday, January 21, 2009

the newest comedy...coming to a stage near you

Setting: Joelle, Malia and I are in the van heading to The Big City for a lunch play-date. Both of the girls had a busy morning and are not surprisingly a bit hungry.

Main Character: Malia

Supporting Characters: Joelle, Myself

Directer: I wish I could take credit for this -- but nobody directed this. Sometimes these things...well...they just happen!

And...ACTION!

Joelle: Mom -- when are we going to be there?

Mom: Pretty soon, sweetie.

**2 minute pause (if that)**

Joelle: Mom...are we almost there?

Mom: Yes, we will be there in a few minutes, honey.

Joelle: Oh good -- 'cause my tummy is hungry.

Malia: Yeah...my bum is hungry!

Mom (laughing): Your bum? You have a hungry bum?

Malia (giggling): Yup. A hungry bum!

The scene ends. The curtain falls. The crowd erupts with laughter and applause.

************************************************************

There's only one small problem: I think she's a little confused...'cause the last time I checked, this was a hungry bum:

(Picture is from last summer...sigh -- summer....)

5 comments:

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

That picture was funny then, and it's still funny now! Aren't those backseat conversations the BEST??

Xandra

Kelly said...

Your kids come up with some great conversations!

Pam said...

that is pretty funny! And that picture is priceless!

Louise said...

TOOOOOOOO funny!
LOVE IT

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh my. If that isn't meant to be on a poster I don't know WHAT is. TOO CUTE!