Now, I'm no stranger to 3-year-olds -- but when it comes to a 1-year-old...well, let's just say it feels like it's been a long time. Here are some things that I learned (or remembered) while spending the day with my dear little Max:
1) Doing things with one hand while holding the clingy child in your other arm is just like riding a bike -- you never forget how to do it.
2) Having your day entirely revolve around such a young child is a bit challenging -- baby gates, keeping all doors closed at all times, child-proof cupboard locks, warming up bottles, changing diapers, etc.
3) Cuddling with a small child who you love so much is the most amazing feeling E.V.E.R.
4) At the end of a day with a busy 1-year-old, I am ready to c-r-a-s-h!
5) And it's all worth it!
6) But...it re-enforced the fact that I am done having children. I'd rather just enjoy them in smaller doses and pass them off to someone else at the end of the day. I've done my time with 1-year-olds and am now doing my time with 3- and 5-year olds (although it's debatable as to which one is more difficult!).
Bottom Line: I had a great day with my sweet little Max -- and Elliott too, of course -- and I'd do it again in a heart-beat (just don't tell my sister that...hee hee)!