Wednesday, March 4, 2009

girls just wanna have fun -- part I

As you can see from my tickers at the top of the page, I have 2 girls weekends quickly approaching, and I am SO excited for both of them.

The first weekend excursion -- coming up in only 2 sleeps! -- is with my "Gamer Gals" from my neighborhood (a.k.a. The Scarf Sista's).

(Left to right: Shelley, Pam, Myself, Jenna, Jenn)

We have all known each other for different amounts of times from different parts of our lives and at different levels of friendships -- but over the last several months, we have formed a unique bond between the 5 of us and have been getting together for regular games nights (including Killer Bunnies, RockBand, and Bohnanza). We eat, play games, eat, laugh, eat, laugh, play games and laugh and eat some more!

However, this Fabulous Five-Some is about to turn into a Four-Some, as our dear Shelley is moving in a few short weeks, two whole provinces away! Anytime I think about her leaving us, I get teary-eyed and I just can't really imagine that it is actually happening.

So to celebrate one final hurrah as a whole group, we are having a girl's weekend. A sleep-over/games night on the Friday, followed by a fun day in The City on the Saturday. I am really looking forward to this outing, but at the same time, once the weekend comes it's just that much closer to Shelley leaving...sniff, sniff.

But I am choosing to put that to the back of my mind, and rather focus on the wonderful gift of friendships that the Lord has bestowed upon me. Everytime I think I am content with the various friends that I already have, God decides to show me that there is even more out there for me. More wonderful women who He places into my life to encourage me, stretch me, relax me and love me. And that's what this coming weekend is all about -- a celebration of friendship!

The tears can -- and will -- come later. But this weekend...

Girls just wanna have fun!

11 comments:

andrea said...

Bring it on! And Andrea, you are extremely rich in friends! have a great weekend together!

melanie said...

You are so fortunate to have such amazing friends. Want to know how many friends I have like that? Zero. You are so blessed!

Betty said...

wow, are you EVER fortunate to have so many close friends. Do you know how many people would give ANYTHING for that?? Enjoy your time away. Sounds like you're gonna have a blast!

Roo said...

I WAS wondering about that "girls just wanna have fun" ticker! have a great weekend. !!!!

Louise said...

Hope you have a blast!!!
Shelley is a sweetheart and will be missed :)
HUGS

Anonymous said...

Andrea you are a wonderful beautiful person!! I'm gonna miss you like crazy and we're going to have a BLAST this weekend!! I've been praying for a group of girls like this for a long time! I can't believe I've finally been blessed with you all and now I have to move:( I don't know what God has up His sleeve, but I have to follow faithfully and been grateful for the time we've had!! Love you! Can't wait to EAT, play games, eat, have fun and laugh and eat some more!!

Shelley

Amanda said...

Have a great weekend!!!!!!

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

That sounds like so much fun! God has blessed you with wonderful friends...

Xandra

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Have a FANTASTIC time Andrea. Friends like that are truly such a blessing.

Kathy and Carl said...

How absolutely fun. I still can't believe that you know Jenna. What a small world. Well, I hope you have a great time. You will definitely make some great memories.

Roo said...

soooooo
we want to know....HOW WAS THE BIG SHAKE?