Wednesday, March 18, 2009

girls just wanna have fun -- part II: confessions of a shopoholic

Last weekend was my long-awaited girl's weekend in the states. Last year was the first time I have gone on this annual excursion, but it has been going on for several years. Of course the main purpose for this weekend -- aside from quality girl bonding time -- is s-h-o-p-p-i-n-g, and I had a good chunk of money that I had set aside for just this occasion.

And since I'm sure you all want to see what I bought, here are the pictures:

This is one of my favorite new tops. The angle makes me look a bit too wide for my liking -- but since Les usually refuses to get off the couch to take my picture, this is the best I can get (the white flower-shaped earrings were a new purchase too)!

And this is my beloved new spring jacket! Les calls it 'hideous' but I really love it!


I couldn't resist buying ONE cardigan-type item, even though I told myself to focus on spring & summer attire. But in my defense, it is sleeveless...


And a funky patterned halter top!

This is a classic piece that I will be able to wear with almost anything! I love this 3/4 length denim jacket.

And a black sleeveless top with some bling.


A grey light & flow-y top!


I also added 2 pairs of shoes to my shoe-wardrobe.

Stacy & Clinton would be SO proud of me for purchasing my very first pair of pointy-toed shoes! And the color is so springy!
I couldn't resist buying the girls each a dress for summer. Here is Joelle's (she hasn't tried it on yet, but I hope it fits!)...

And here is Malia proudly displaying hers -- don't the socks just complete the outfit?

And...what kind of shopping trip would be complete without a new purse?


So there you have it...my new spring wardrobe (I also bought a pair of jeans but didn't take a picture of them)! Do you think it's fitting that we went to see the movie "Confessions of a Shopoholic" on Sundy before heading home?

7 comments:

melanie said...

Wow! Some great purchases! I love the pointy toed shoes!! And the movie was definitely perfect.

Rebecca said...

Looks like a fun shopping trip! I love the jacket, has some pop with the pattern on it. Your shoes are super cute too.

Sheila said...

Oh now you've sparked the Shopping bug in me!! I so desperately need a new spring wardrobe! Love the clothes you got, you got great style!

Kathy and Carl said...

Just for the black sexy dress and the halter top, I'll be there in 32 hours....you'd better watch your closet! I'm coming....I'm coming....!

Looked like you had a wonderful time. I'm so happy for you.

Pam said...

You found some great items! I would love to go shopping with you!

Kelly said...

Wow those were some great buys. I kept thinking that I would say (in my comment) *insert item here* was my favorite, but I kept saying that for everything I saw.

Kellan said...

Ooooooooh - cute stuff and you look darling!!! I love black and white - they are my signature colors - tee hee. You did good.

Nice to come over and see you Andrea - I'm sorry I've been so MIA lately. Hope to see you soon - Kellan