Tuesday, March 3, 2009

off the wall topic

Today was report card day for my bright-eyed Kindergartener. I was excited as I opened up the envelope, read the letter from her teacher and started looking at Joelle's results.

I always loved school, and for the most part was a good student -- so I was very happy (and proud!) to see that Joelle has been doing very well in her first term of school. I expected as much, but it's always nice to get confirmation from the teacher.

After I looked through the report, I went downstairs where Joelle was getting ready to watch TV with her little sister.

"Joelle," I started off saying as I went to give her a hug and a kiss. "I am so very proud of you for your good report card. Your teacher is very impressed with you, and Mommy & Daddy are so proud of you for working so hard and being such a good listener."

Joelle's face is close to mine as I am pumping her full of self-confidence, sweetly smiling as she is soaking up her mama's praise.

"And..." as I start to continue my words of affirmation and encouragement, I get interrupted with a serious "Mom?" coming from the pretty little face only a mere inches away from me.

"Yes...?" I ask, wondering what she is going to tell me about school or her report card.

"You have four eyes when I just stare at you this close," she giggles.

14 comments:

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

So it's NOT just my kids that do this!! LOL!

Xandra

Betty said...

LOL...I'm just picturing that...and all as you are telling her what a good listener she is etc...and she's like WAY off topic, and her mind is totally elsewhere. Thats hilarious!

Jamie said...

VERY funny!

Pam said...

hee hee hee! nothing like the mind of a Kindergartener!

Kelly said...

Where is the comment for that kind of thinking on the report card. Glad to hear she is doing so well!

Roo said...

:)

andrea said...

she sounds so 5!!! real life with kids!

melanie said...

That is too funny! Isn't it funny how their little minds work??

Kathy and Carl said...

Ha Ha Ha! I love those comments!

jackie said...

ahhhh, proud mamma! that's sweet.

Louise said...

Tooooo cute!
:)

TammyIsBlessed said...

That's just awesome!

common mom said...

Ahhhh - to be 5 again :-) I love how they think!

Margo said...

Heehee ~ that's great! I imagine her thinking..."yeah, I know...whatever." I see that as a sign that she's getting lots of affirmation, so she doesn't have to dwell on it when it comes her way. Doesn't mean we stop giving it though. You're such a good mommy!!