Tuesday, March 31, 2009

sweep dreams

Today was not a day I was proud of. Things started off on the wrong foot first thing in the morning and just got worse and worse as the day progressed.

I was tired, easily irritated, sad, frustrated and lazy -- and that made for a very bad mix. Added to that, the girls didn't get enough sleep last night which left them very cranky all day long.



All in all -- it was a horribly bad combination.

Shortly before the girls' bedtime, I was sweeping the living room floor and I thought to myself: Wouldn't it be nice if it were this easy to sweep up and throw away the day's mistakes.

But that's not the way it works; I can't get rid of all the evidence of today's happenings. There may not be any physical evidence to show the negative events of the day -- but there sure are emotional remnants that will not quickly disappear.

So, while I cannot sweep up the day full of mistakes and throw it away -- I can look ahead to tomorrow and strive to do better.

And that is what I fully intend to do.

6 comments:

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Good for you! We all have days like that, and we regret things we say and do. Thank goodness there is tomorrow! Hope it's better for everyone...

Xandra

Pam said...

We all have bad days like that- it isn't just you. So don't be too hard on yourself. What makes you so different from many is that you want to do better next time. You have a great attitude about - tomorrow is a new day- a better day!

I hope everything goes better today for you!

Margo said...

Forget about yesterday and ENJOY today! I am missing the spring breaks when the kids were "mine" and we could spend some extra time doing fun things together. My girls are home this week, but it's not like I can plan our play dates anymore, and much as we do enjoy time together, mom's not necessarily a priority on their social calendar. It's all natural and as it should be, but I was thinking yesterday how much I miss the breaks of the past. I don't want to downplay the hard stuff, because that's very real too ~ I just hope that today is a better day for you ~ one you will treasure in your mommy memory.

Pamela said...

Hope you have a fabulous day today!

Jamie said...

I've had so many days like that lately. Luckily today was one of the really good days, and it just makes a bunch of those bad days seem so far away!

Roo said...

xo