Tuesday, March 24, 2009

a twist in time

I am dreading...looking forward to...dreading...looking forward to ...(well, you get the point) Thursday.

For months now I have been counting down until Thursday March 26th -- as that is when my sister-in-law returns from Thailand after having spent a year there finishing up her teaching degree and teaching an elementary school class. How wonderful it will be to see her again and have her be an active part of our lives again. A year can feel like a really long time when you're without someone you love.

But...for weeks now I have been d-r-e-a-d-i-n-g Thursday March 26th -- every since I found out that is the exact same day my dear friend is moving 2 whole provinces away. I have never had a friend move away before -- at least not far enough away where a weekend visit from time to time is simple and feasible. Who knows how long it will be until I see her again.

So, how can I look forward to Thursday knowing that my friend is leaving? Yet how can I dread Thursday knowing that my sister-in-law is coming home?

I wish I could create some funky twist in time that could keep this day from coming for my dear friend, yet make it come (and come quickly!) for my sister-in-law. If there are any genius scientists out there who could very quickly create some sort of time machine within the next 24 hours to accomplish such a thing -- please let me know!

Because without it...I fear Thursday March 26th is going to be a very emotional day for me!!

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Aww I can't imagine how this must be for you! But I hope that you'll find the strength to make it through!

andrea said...

that's a lot of different emotions at the same time! God will give you the strength to say 'hello' and 'goodbye'.

Pam said...

oh dear- I'm so sorry! That sounds like a roller coaster of a day. I'll be thinking of you!

TammyIsBlessed said...

That's definitely a rough one. You need a Back to the Future type machine all right!

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Look at it this way: when you start to feel upset about your friend, you can look over at your sister-in-law and smile.

Xandra

melanie said...

How did your day end up going? Thanks to the internet you'll be able to keep in touch with your friend evern though you won't see each other very often.