Sunday, April 26, 2009

a complete make-over

You know those shows where they do drastic make-overs? Either it's for physical appearance, or an amazing home make-over. Well, lately I've really been feeling like I am in need of a make-over.

But not of the physical type (although I wouldn't complain if one of those was offered to me). I need a make-over on the inside. Thoroughly and completely.

I am in need of some drastic changes.

I feel like I am unsatisfied in almost every area of my life, and lately that has resulted in some pretty emotional roller coaster-y days. How do I go about making changes in almost every part of my existance?

Whether it's putting more effort into my relationships -- with God, my spouse, daughters and friends -- or more effort into taking care of myself physically and spiritually. Or being more productive at home and at work.

When I look at it all, it seems over-whelming. How can I try and better myself in all of those areas all at once? When I take a step back and see the improvements that I all want to make, it just doesn't seem possible.

I know a lot of you are probably going to want to tell me to not expect so much of myself. That I am doing the best that I can and nobody is perfect. That the important thing is that I have a house full of love and that I love the Lord.

But the truth is -- I am not doing the best that I can, and I know it.

10 comments:

Jenn said...

Being aware of how you're feeling is a good first step. I'm here if you want to talk and will keep you in my prayers.

Pam said...

well, if it helps any- I could have written this same exact post. I feel like a failure as mommy and I know that kids are challenging, etc - but I also know I could do better. Maybe together we can find a way to turn around our lives and be happier with ourselves!

TammyIsBlessed said...

Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6

God's not finished with you yet!

andrea said...

Pray that God will give you the wisdom for all the needs in your life. Let God work through you and you will end up blessing others in ways you never thought possible! Love you!

Pamela said...

((Hugs))

Kathy and Carl said...

It's always a hard road when you start at the beginning. But God will continue his work in you and take you step by step.

And if it makes you feel better, make a list of the things that you have accomplished, that you are seeing growth in, it'll make you feel better. Love you!

Louise said...

{{{{HUGS}}}}
With God ALL things are possible!
Thinking of you dear!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

*raises hand*

I think it is perfectly normal to feel this way. At least thats what I tell myself when I do. And I DO. Sending best wishes your way Andrea.

common mom said...

You read my mind today. I'm having all of those exact same thoughts.

You are sooooo not alone with this! Thank you for having the courage to write it down.

Gin said...

I encourage you on the journey. You are a bright woman and very gifted. It will be tough at times and you'll have more roller coater-y days but in the end, I truly believe it will be worth it. My prayers are with you.