Thursday, May 28, 2009

a different world

This afternoon on the way to swimming lessons, the girls starting telling knock-knock jokes (or their version of them anyway).

They wanted me to say one so I did this one:

Knock! Knock!
Who's There?
Boo!
Boo-Who?
Don't cry, it's only a joke!

Joelle 'got it' and proceeded to tell it back to me, getting it right word for word. Then Malia took a crack at her version of it:

Knock! Knock!
Who's There?
Flip-Flop!
Flip-Flop Who?
Don't cry, Mommy! (giggle, giggle)

Oh, to live in the world of a 3-year-old where that actually makes sense!!

8 comments:

Sheldon said...

well I thought it was hilarious. Both of them, but I gotta say, Malia's will keep me snickering all day long.

Sheila said...

haha, love it!!

Kris said...

Tried the boo hoo one on my 11 yr old son. He wouldn't say boo hoo so he ruined the joke for me. Boo Hoo!

melanie said...

That is too cute! I wish I could read their little minds.

Kathy and Carl said...

I just love those make-no-sense jokes, because seriously, they get the best laughs. Why does everything have to make sense, eh?

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

I love it when they try to make their own up. We went through a LONG phase with Nathan, and he would just howl with laughter at the most ridiculous "jokes".

Xandra

Anonymous said...

Haha, Noah's fav is:
Knock Knock
Who's there?
Nana
Nana who?
ORANGE!!!
Followed by him laughing like crazy!:) Little does he know, he's way off!! haha

"S"

Mamarazzi said...

makes sense to me...but i am totally imature like that.