Friday, May 8, 2009

don't mess with my cubs

A few days ago I was doing some grocery shopping in this cute little market/diner that I had never been to before. I was by myself. I got out of the van and smiled to myself, as I noticed that Joelle had used her finger to imprint her name on our dirty mini-van. Classic.

After my shopping, I exited the store and approached my Joelle-labelled mini-van and it didn't take long before I noticed that somebody else had taken it upon themselves to write words with their fingers on my far-from-clean vehicle.

But intsead of the traditional "Wash me" words...they were bad things written about my daughter. They already had her name from her previously signed 'autograph', so they used it to write nasty things about her.

About my sweet, precious 5 year old daughter.

Words that I cannot even put on my blog. My heart sank to my stomach and my jaw dropped to the ground. Who would do such a thing?

As I looked around the nearly-empty parking lot, I saw a young punk walking around with a smirk on his face. A-ha! I bet he's the culprit, I thought to myself.

The boy was walking in my direction, so I approached him. That's right -- I'm no scaredy cat when it comes to protecting my young. I asked him if he was the one who vandalized my vehicle and wrote slanderous things about my daughter.

"Do you realize that you are writing these things about an innocent little 5 year old girl?" I snapped at him. The Mama claws were coming out. "How dare you insult me and my family in this way?'

The boy just shrugged, that smirk never leaving his punky little face. I can still picture it -- his hands in the pockets of his too-baggy blue jeans, the hood of his over-sized sweat shirt covering his dark hair. His nose ring glittering in the sun.

I was furious at his lack of response, and especially at his lack of remorse. He actually seemed proud of himself. He's not going to get away with this, I thought to myself as he sauntered away with cockiness oozing out of his every pore.

I went back into the store to get some help. Somebody needed to hold this kid accountable for his rudeness. I was crying at this point, really upset, and wanting somebody to help me show this kid that what he did was unacceptable.

I opened the door and went up to the first person I saw. He was sitting at one of the tables in the diner section of the establishment and he looked up after hearing the commotion of me rushing in, sobbing.

"Excuse me," I said..."Can you help me?" I lifted my eyes up to look into the face of the man who would help me get my Mommy -victory and I gasped.

For the face belonged to none other than Edward Cullen (aka Robert Pattinson).

After that, I woke up...but I had you going there for awhile, didn't I?

11 comments:

Kathy and Carl said...

Arg! Your totally mesmerizing and descriptive narrative totally had me going! I was getting angry at that guy and was ready to storm into the store with you!! :)

Sheila said...

You're good...that was awesome! LOL! Edward Cullen to the rescue!!

melanie said...

You totally had me going!! But I'm sure you would have acted that way in real life too- just without Edward Cullen to help out.

Louise said...

Grrrrr you totally had me going there....GO EDWARD!!

andrea said...

yikes...some dreams are so real! happy that it didn't happen!

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy blogoversary!

Kris said...

Ah.... I thought you were starting to go a bit overboard. Esp with the crying. First time to your blog and thought, geez this lady is a bit too nutty.
Anyway! Glad I discovered another funny lady!
My daughter leaves love notes to us on our dirty cars too.
Too cute.
Happy Blogoversary and Mother's Day.

Argentum Vulgaris said...

My first visit here and you had me so wound up! That was one cool piece of writing. I might even come back...

Only came to wish you a Happy Blogoversary, my blog
http://brokeinbolivia.blogspot.com
is today too.

AV

Erin said...

O that was so wrong! You had me believing you :) Guess that was the point, right.
I heart Edward!

Joanna said...

Whoa! You totally had me going there.

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

LOL! Glad that didn't really happen...

Xandra