Friday, May 1, 2009

who made this big mess?

(Edited to add: I have decided to start up a new blog -- mission: possible -- to keep track of my weight-loss journey. Please feel free to join me there for updates.)

I try not to talk too much about my weight issues on my blog, although it has come up a few times over the course of my 2-year blog existance. But after stepping on the scale last night, I have decided to join Louise on "Cleaning Up The Mess" Fridays.

I will probably not do a weekly post about it, but I will update my weigh-in's on my sidebar on Fridays.

I love how Louise has titled this challenge: Cleaning Up The Mess. 'Cause guess what? That's exactly what this is...I made this mess -- I brought it all on myself -- and now I need to clean it up. I can come up with as many excuses as I want, but none of it really matters. What it all comes down to is that I screwed up...over and over. And over again (and that's just today).

And now it is up to me to get my act together.

8 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

It's a never-ending struggle, isn't it? ::sigh:: I really want this to be the LAST time. Happy cleaning!!

Krista Nicole said...

I'm there with you sista - it's fun to eat all the treats and all the goodies and think there'll be no consequence but there always is.

Good luck with the cleaning!

andrea said...

you go girl! you can do this! I love the title..it's so worth it! i can't wait to here about your results!

Pam said...

Good luck! I will be thinking of you and praying you accomplish your goals.

Kathy and Carl said...

I'll be praying for you every step of the way. It's slow going, but worth it in the end. And I KNOW that you can do this.

Louise said...

Happy to have you on this journey with me :) Let's do this thing once and for all sista!!!
HUGS!!

Amanda said...

Good Luck! You can do this!

jackie said...

good luck andrea!!! stay strong and do it for YOU, you know it will be worth it!