Wednesday, July 8, 2009

a great reunion

After ending my phone conversation this afternoon with my sister that delivered me the sudden news about my Grandpa, Joelle asked me why I was sad.

"Because Great-Grandpa has passed away and we won't get to see him anymore. But he is now in heaven with Great-Grandma," I explained to her.

A big grin splayed across her face as she exclaimed, "Then they can be together more! They will be so happy!"

Cue the tears.

"Yes, they will be happy. Very happy."

10 comments:

The Brandt Family said...

Thank God for the wisdom of kids!!

Pam said...

She is wise beyond her years!! What a wonderful daughter! I am sorry for the loss your family is exeriencing.

Margo said...

If only we had a little window to be able to watch their great reunion - then maybe our sadness would go away.
I know you didn't need any more reasons to feel sad ~ I hope you're doing ok.

TammyIsBlessed said...

Isn't it amazing that he is now going for walks on streets of gold?! With grandma! It's just incredible to try to imagine.

Kathy and Carl said...

I'm sorry to hear that he passed away (thanks for the email). It's hard for those left behind, but she's right, they will be so happy to be together in heaven. We will keep your family in our prayers.

Sheila said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Andrea. But isn't it sweet how children can help lift the clouds of sadness in one simple sentence?!

Jen said...

That is the sweetest most heart wrenching thing I've ever heard! Hugs to you and your family!

Erin said...

Sorry for your loss but boy does your lil one have a way at looking at things!?
My grandparents died the same day, four years apart..on Leap Day. Odd...
hugs to you and your family during this hard time.

Rebecca said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Joelle is so right though. Hugs to you.

common mom said...

Kids are so awesome!

I'm sorry for your loss. My kiddos lost one of their great grandmothers on the 8th as well :-(