Wednesday, July 15, 2009

a message straight from above

Tonight I had a phone call that ended with me being in anxious knots. I was upstairs while on this phone call, and when I came downstairs I didn't say anything to anybody. I just walked past my family in the living room and went into the kitchen to continue the job I was doing before the phone rang, totally wrapped up in my thoughts.

Out of the blue, while Joelle was coloring at the coffee table, she suddenly broke out into song. Now, this is far from uncommon in this household, but it was the words she was singing that really spoke to me.

She just kept repeating this one line of one of her kid's songs (one that I didn't think she had even heard in a long time):

Take it to, take it to the Lord in prayer
Take it to, take it to the Lord in prayer

And I did.

9 comments:

Pam said...

Wow! Powerful stuff! I'm so glad you heard the message. I'm not good at hearing the subtle messages, but every now and then God makes sure I hear him loud and clear. I'm glad he is looking out for us!

Kathy and Carl said...

God knows what we need even before we realize it. And it's amazing the ways in which he does it.

Melissa said...

Thats so encouraging to read this.... I love how God speaks to us in so many ways, and good for you for hearing Him in a time of anxiousness

Melanie said...

I tend the be the same way. I have let worry and anxiety ruin so many days of my life. What a great message!! And I'm so glad you heard it!

Kelly said...

the message brought through the innocence of a child. What a powerful way for it to be sent.

Sheila said...

Wow! I love hearing stories of how God works in our lives!
I hope your feeling more at ease!

Roo said...

soooo beautiful. out of the mouths of babes, heh? our kids have prophetic messages to give us, if we are listening...so glad you were.

love you. xo

TammyIsBlessed said...

Awesome!

Louise said...

Beautiful